Ohio river is a no go

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by tocold4u2, May 29, 2006.

1. tocold4u2

tocold4u2 New Member

State:
    ohio
    well i started off before the sun cam up , to hit the ohio river ,,,me & bigones,,,before i could pick him up ,,i blew a tire ,,after calling him ,and the two of us fixing that discovered a bracket bent that caused the tire to rub the trailer frame,,,,after a half day fixing that and a few trips back and fourth to the stores,,,2 new tires ,,repacking bearings and all,,,,we we`re ack on our way 10-11 hrs later:sad2: made it half way maybe when at a stop , i checked the hubs for heat ,,,had one side that was really hot:sad2: :sad2: call the trip off and decided to try to limp it back home,,,well i ended up trashing the bearings a few miles after heading for home:sad2:
    i made a few calls,,i had some friends show up ,,,we limped it off the road & into a parking lot,,,,,after that we loaded up the pontoon & trailer onto another trailer:big_smile: what a long day ,and all i wanted to do was to go fishing:cool2: i ended up back at the house about 2:15. not bad only 19 hours and didn`t get a line wet,,,boy i sure hate being broke down:big_smile: there`s always another day!!!!!
    sorry dock ,we couldn`t make it ,,, i hope you did well on the ohio!!!!

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sounds like a horrible day, better luck next time. At least your friends showed up to help, or could of been much worse.

The fish were not biting yesterday anyway. (Does this make you feel any better?? LMAO)

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Guys, sometimes that's luck. Go get them next time!

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I am sorry to hear about all that trouble you had on the trip. I have had days like that and I know how frustrating they can be. This kind of thing will make you want to scream:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: !!!

PS are you sure H2O Mellon wasn't somewhere in the vicinity, after all he lives in Ohio too, and has jinxed Flathunter to the point of tears, LOL!!

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Some days are just meant to be bad. But, on the bright side, you have made a lot of repairs that were apparently overdue, they are now done, and shouldn't have to be re-done. You probably insured more and pleasanter hours of fishing by one days sacrifice.

6. tocold4u2

tocold4u2 New Member

State:
    ohio
    yea as soon as i get some bearings and fix the weld that broke on the trailer bracket ,,,,i twisted kat will be ready for the road again:big_smile:

7. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    That reminds me, I have to grease my wheel bearings. Thanks

8. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    tocold4u2,

You didn't miss much we got to the ramp at 7am, the fog was thick as ever on the river, launched the boat and went down along the shoreline to fish till the river fog lifted, caught one Channel Cat when I heard the roar of a Mercury, yep bass boat going full boar up the bank of the Ohio, hit the horn just as he appeared in the fog directly behind our lines, really thought he had us, he idled by then hammed it down when we heard a dull crushing sound, figured he had made contact with the dock at Schmidit.

Fog finally lifted and we started moving every 30 min. fishing was tough and it was real nice till 1pm when thousands of boats just appeared on the river, we pulled off at 2pm just rocking too much and I have a huge boat, ended up with 4 fish total, had a great time and the kids loved the water..........Doc

9. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Alan, sorry to hear about your troubles. Happens to all of us at some point I guess. But you're right, there's always next time.

10. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
  11. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    you just lived my worst nightmare
    at least you didn't get a ticket for being broke down without flares or triangles
    the devil dances in empty pockets thats why I put paper towels in mine

:big_smile:

12. CAT ADDICT

CAT ADDICT New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just makes you want those big cats more! Good luck!

13. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Yeah like DOC said , you didnt miss to much, i got to the River at about 5:30 AM, on wednesday, fishing was real tough, could hardly get a bite, i think that heat wave may have slowed them down, fished till about noon..Only boated 5 fish, biggest one was about 8 lb channel..It is still always nice to be out on the RIver, so i cant complain to much, but fishing was definantly not the best..Had a lot of "tap tap" bites, they werent very aggresive..I think ill be heading down to the RIver again Saturday night for some night fishing.

14. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    LOL, I loved the part about the "dull crashing sound" wish I coulda seen that. Around here there apparently isn't any thing for them to crash into, so I get an endless parade.