Ohio River, Here I Come

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by RiverKing, May 30, 2006.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Leaving out tommorow at 3:30 A.M., and heading down to fish the Cincinnatti section of the Ohio River..Caught a bunch of chubs yesterday and they are still nice and lively in the garage. Want to get to the river before the sun comes up, and get on the morning bite..Hopefully i can get into some nice fish, I will let everyone know how i do.

2. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Good Hunting!! :big_smile:

3. Dale1

Dale1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Please let me know Matt. I went saturday night,and the fishing was terrible. Caught 1 4 pound drum. Had a couple of small runs ,but got cut off on a sunken barge. The bite seems to be real slow. thanx Dale

4. CAT ADDICT

CAT ADDICT New Member

State:
    Ohio
    How did you do. My buddy fishes down there alot?

5. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Dale, Left my house at 3:30 AM, on wednesday, got to schmitt ramp at about 5:30, and got on the river at about 5:45 just as the sun was coming up..Everything looked great, but the bite was tough, i tried everything from 7 ft of water around some fallin brush to 40 ft of water in some pretty strong current..Fished till about 1 PM, managed to get 4 fish, the biggest being an 8 lb channel, 2 flatheads, and 1 stripper..So in my opinion the fishing was no good, i usually have 10 to 20 fish days, it was tough..I think the heat wave slowed them down, plus the river was dropping a little, that always slows them down to for some reason..I think this cooler weather, and this rain may turn them on again, so i am heading back down for a night time outting on Saturday 06/03/06..Hope it is much better. Ill let everyone know.