ohio river @ greenwood 10-17-09

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by catfishingricky, Oct 19, 2009.

1. catfishingricky

catfishingricky Member

State:
    kentucky
    got to river a daylight took two hours to get bait but got some really big shad started fishing were i did the best last weekend and they wernt there so we went to the hydro and caught a 18# blue and a 6# blue they were running 6 units at the hydro and it was rough not only the water but reeling a fish in was hard it would wear your arm out so we moved went and tryed were i caught my 37#blue last week and did'nt get a bump!
    went back to my first spot a caught a 11# blue that was it for the day it was windy and slow if someone would of told me it was going to be that slow after last week i would'nt belived it. just when you think you got the river figured out it show you that you dont it all ways changes! heres a few pictures from saturday :eek:oooh:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  2. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Nice fish and yes that Ohio is female for sure.:smile2:

3. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    I hear yah man, went Sunday right there behind hydro too. Current was so strong they had it going so bad had to put 3 extra ounces on just to get my bait to lay down and quit drifting down river. Only caught 2 myself some guys were catching the heck outta them hybrids/stripers there though.

4. catfishingricky

catfishingricky Member

State:
    kentucky
    i was throwing 9oz. and it was'nt staying down

5. johndeere nut

johndeere nut New Member

State:
    oldham county,kentucky
    yeah i went sunday at westport boat ramp and only caught 2 channel cats i couldnt believe how much it slowed from last week oh well at least i didnt come home empty handed!