Ohio River - gonna try again...

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Salmonid, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Me and Mellon were supposed to meet up with Skip and Matt last weekend but between Mellon getting sick and my boat acting up durring prep, we both missed out on a great day, I should have known that would happen,:angry: anyways, if the weather holds out for Sunday, ( calling for 47 ) we are headed out for some blues, anyone else gonna try to get out? Tbull? anyone? anyone? We will most likely launch downtown Cinci. Let me know, perhaps we can meet up and chat with some BOC brothers

Salmonid

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you might just see Me and a buddy of mine bank-fishing fishing in the Downtown Cincinatti area saturday or sunday, have a good idea on where we can get some blues. was hoping to be back out on the ice this weekend but i dont trust the ice right now after all that rain.

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Salmonid, it doesn't look like it this weekend. I just bought a boat so I have to run up to Dayton Saturday to get it, then Sunday will be just working on her and getting it fishable. I may stick the boat in Sunday just for a bit but thats just to make sure everything runs right. Then I have to work next weekend but the weekend after that its on! I know Riverking and S-man tore'em up pretty good last weekend, hopefully you guys do the same.Good Luck!:wink:

4. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm sure we'll get skunked !, but it will be fun! :big_smile:

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio

I have heard that before, since when is a skunking fun?:tounge_out:

7. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Originally Posted by H2O Mellon I'm sure we'll get skunked !, but it will be fun! :big_smile:

Originaly Posted by flathunter I have heard that before, since when is a skunking fun?:tounge_out:

I had fun about seven times last year.lol:crazy::smile2:

8. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I wouldn't waste your time salmonid. I'm pretty sure matt, mark and myself soremouthed most of the blues down there lol. You'll just be wasting gas. Good luck though.

9. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Wasting gas??? heck I been doing that for years and it hasnt stopped me yet:smile2:

We are still headed down in the morning, just picked up our KY Non res licenses ( 50 bucks..:crazy:) so we can fish 3 instead of 2 rods and will have to gas up the truck and top off the boat in the morning so as you can see, this "pursuit of happiness" is a costly one.

My name is Mark and Im addicted to spending countless hrs and dollars so I can sit on a boat or on the bank and catch nothing...... :embarassed:

Can someone suggest any 12 step programs for me???

Water is cranking!! up about 10 feet and rising so we will see if we can find anything. More later with more pics of great buffets and home cooked food which lately has been the highlight of the trips

Salmonid and Mellon

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    LOL..thats some good stuff! I have a feeling your luck is gonna change.:wink: rollo

11. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    Mark,
    I would really reconsider going to the Ohio tomorrow, that river is up and raging right now with enough trees to build a large fort out of my comfort zone is right at the 33 foot mark and your looking at 36 foot tomorrow with even larger amounts above river supposed to top out at 40 foot on Monday, I called Mellon and told him but I didn't have your phone number I just don't want to read about you in the paper that's all.............Doc

12. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i agree with the above post. me and Phil were down there today (as you know) and it was really kicking! LOTS of big logs and debris floating by. might wanna give "banking it" a thought. we ended up catching.....ZERO, but found us a really nice 30-40ft bank spot with an eddy on the KY side. also met a fellow BOC member (didnt get his user mane). as of now both Phil and I are blaming our luck on the falling barometor we had all day. the pressure should rise during the morning hours tomorrow though.

13. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Thanks guys, for looking out for both of us, and indeed we are are not taking the boat out today. ( When Doc, Dink and Riverking speak, we listen!!) New plan is to bank it on the lower GMR today somewheres. Its nice to know that other brothers are indeed looking out for others here, we do really appreciate it! Were safe for now until mellon slips into the lower then normal GMR :eek:oooh:

Report later

Salmonid

14. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Good luck, and don't let Mellon fall in OK?

15. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    goodluck mark, and mellon..stay on the bank LOL..rollo

16. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Good luck guys hope you catch some fish.

17. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    well, here is the report, we fished around south Dayton and the water is gin clear ( 4-5 ft of visability and low) so we had that going against us, so we banked it with frozen shad and skippies for bait and tried 3 spots, nary a hit, a few tiny bumps but no real good hits. Good news is Mellon and myself stayed on the bank...:wink:

At this point, we need some high water to help us find some cats, we fished some deep slow eddys and some deeper faster water with rock bottom, Last point, on the way home I swung past the ramp at West Carrolton which has been closed since Christmas, turns out they are now open.. dang it, if I'd a known that would have ran the boat there, I hope to get it out tomorrow afternoon (calling for some showers in the am and a high of 57) if I can find someone to join me around 1:00 pm?? Send PM if any one is interested

Salmonid