Ohio River Get Together!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Dmitri, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hello Brothers! I was reading through the topic about the Alton/St Louis get together and everything there seemed great. I was wondering if any of you brothers would like to meet up somewhere to fish the Ohio. I would enjoy going up to the St Louis area or around there but it is a 3 hour drive and would have to plan it way in advance to fit in my schedule. Would anyone be interested in fishing the Ohio or maybe meeting somewhere like Rend Lake?

2. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois

some guys on here either recently had or are getting ready to have a get together at rend lake. Not sure where I saw that. Just search rend lake probably.

Good luck

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    You must live fairly close to Shawnee Town. I live in Henderson KY and would be glad to meet up with you and fish the OHIO. PM me if you are intrested.

4. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    JW.... I would like to get up there and fish that famous water with you guys but I am scared of pink.
    Do you have any campgrounds there ?

2 times I have planned to come up to fish and both times something came up. last time Eric said the weather was to bad.

I really just have to learn how you guys catch them big fish. Tell me the truth is that big fish Eric is holding a blow up fish.

5. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    jw if u come up to the area like rend lake u will have to look me up no humping :dribble: i swear hahaha

6. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I may send you a PM then. I'm about 7 miles west of Shawneetown but I don't have a boat big enough for the river and almost never get to fish there. I'll also look into the Rend lake thing.

7. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Not sure if there are any campground off the river but there is camping available at Glen O Jones lake and Pounds Hollow that aren't too far away.

8. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois
    How close are you guys to golconda?

9. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm right down the road, or right through the country, however you look at it, it's not any mroe than a half hour rive.

10. IL_CATFISH

IL_CATFISH New Member

State:
    Illinois

Hmmmm, my parents have a cabin on the river close to golconda (ropers landing). I sure wish I knew how to fish that big river.

11. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well, if we can get some dates set up on some weekend we'd love to show you how.

12. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well, would anyone be interested in a Southern Illinois Fishing Trip? Crab Orchard, Rend Lake, Ohio River?

13. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Give me enough notice, and I may be able to swing down for a Friday night/Saturday Morning. I don't mind the 4+ hour drive, and please, no pink.

Ray

14. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dmitri,
    I would be interested if I can work out the dates. I am about 50 miles from Rend Lake.

Do you fish Rend much? I have just moved back to the area and am not familiar with the lake. I've been there a couple times this summer with not much luck. Anyone having advice on the lake would be appreciated.

15. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have fished Rend once, but my step-dad has been out there a lot but never really fished for cats. I know there are plenty of cats out there though. Someone else would probably be more help on lake information, but it would be awesome to plan a get-together this next month or two.

16. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Dmitri, I live across the river from you not far from Cave in rock in Marion Ky. Get a date sometime and we will all get together somewhere on the river. There are some nice spots to fish above Smithland dam all the way to Shawneetown. Rend lake is decent as well.

17. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    All right. Maybe JW would like to join also if we have time for a long go at it, he's about an hour away in Henderson.

18. BIGCATMIKE

BIGCATMIKE New Member

State:
    illinois
    hey if you guys make it on a weekend then maybe me(bigcatmike), my brother(coadyadam) , and my buddy trevor(bigredsbbq) could meet you fellas down there . we live in springfield so it's a long drive but we have been wanting to fish the ohio for a while and stile have not made the trip . would be nice to fish it with somebody that know the river.