Ohio River Flathead Fishing 8/31/07

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by neocats, Sep 1, 2007.

1. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I had my first chance to take some friends fishing on the Ohio River since I moved to Steubenville. Rocky Moore and his Dad came down in search of big Flatheads. We have a blast even though my step-son James was the only one to catch a fish. We brought in one that was 22# 15oz.

[​IMG]

2. catfishking35

catfishking35 New Member

State:
    ohio
    nice fish look like u had a good time

3. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    that is a beauitufl looking flat. full of color. congrats on the nice catch. It's good to see that someone has caught a flat 20+. all summer i have only caught one flathead that might break 20. which saddens me cuz i love to catch big flats. i would rather catcha big flat over big blue. so once again congrats on that nice looking flat. maybe next time you can catch his mom. lol best of luck to ya

4. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Funny thing about this fish. It had A Daiichi Circle hook (same size that I use) in it's mouth with about 2' of braided line (like I use), tied with the same knot I use. I wonder if it was the one that broke my line a few days earlier?

5. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It very well could be possible. If you were fishing the same area then i could see it. Cats wont leave an area with an abundant food source if they dont have to. So I would say theres a good possibility that it is the same fish. But who knows, the river is full of thousands and thousands of fish. but it would be awesome if that were the case.

6. lebeaux

lebeaux New Member

State:
    ohio
    I bet it was the same fish. Oddly enough, that happened to some guys my buddy was fishing with this past weekend. It hit and broke a guys line then hit again and was caught a little while later. The same night. That kinda blows the sore mouth theory away.

7. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    It happens! Check out this thread that I posted a while back!
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49466