Ohio River Fishing

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by DeerHunter01, Mar 16, 2006.

1. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    We went out fishing this afternoon and we got skunked, we did the bank fishing deal tonight due to the Ohio River running around 35 foot, Normal pool is 13.5 here so we are up a few.

Alot of structure coming down the river still and the current is running about 8-10 MPH so we decided to hit a small eddy here where there is a nice break in the current, but no hits. But I did get several nice photos.

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      31.1 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      35.7 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      27.1 KB
      Views:
  2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Great pics of the sun setting.

3. catfishermanj

catfishermanj New Member

State:
    Illinois - McHenry
    Wish i had enough posts to see those pics. What does it take to hold a bait in that kind of current? I know you where fishing the eddy but i am still wondering. Thanks

4. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm suprised you didn't get any Eric, high water should of brought some bad boys out. at least you got to see a beautiful sun set. Better luck next time old friend.

5. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Those are some excellent pics Eric.

6. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    In that eddy I was using a Carolina Rig set up with 4 oz of sinker, (no-roll sinker) I was sure them fish would of been in there, if they were they were not hungry.

Here is a little bit better of a shot of the eddy we were fishing.

Attached Files:

• 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      32.2 KB
      Views:
  7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Awesome picture's man, thank's!

Sorry the big boy's didn't cooperate, hope you get them next time.:)

8. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    beauty DH just plane purdy

Danny

9. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    dh those are some beautiful pics brother. i have taken a few shots like that when i was out and the fish werent biting. its so easy to get caught up in just the catching aspect of fishing that sometimes we dont even see the beauty all around us. just having the ability to get out and enjoy this thing we call fishing is a blessing in itself. dont forget to stop and look around from time to time.

10. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Deerhunter, is this the spot you mentioned in one of Mellons post where your friend hammered em the other day? If so I do believe the fact that you invited Mellon down there was enough for the dreaded "Mellon Curse" to take effect :p
    I know all about that, the last time out he shook it off on me and I took the skunking but now I am glad it headed south for some warmer weather, (dusting of snow last night here) Thanks, now that the Baby Bigfoot is off my back, I do believe Ill head out this weekend. ;)

Salmonid

11. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Salmonid

No this is not the spot, I think I said Cinncy area !! but anyway we don't have the Mellon Curse its up there still, he has to be here in person for that kind of a curse to take affect on us, but here in Kentucky we have the JW affect, any cursing people is automatically taken care of in the deepest hole in the river..LMAO

See so we free of bad things as long as you have JW around ..:)

12. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    :) Great pics, sorry fish werent hitting... i was in Newport and Cinci. yesterday w/ the school we took a trip to NKU.. and we walked across the bridge to the red stadum and OMG the swrils in that river were major around the bridge, if someone were to jump/fall in they would drown for sure..... ill prolly head out this weekend at my grandpa's just to go... small pond.. GL to all who go this weekend and i will be back Sunday afternoon... BYE BYE

13. andi1950

andi1950 New Member

State:
    Belton, Texas
    You know, Keith has said it all. We have the best opportunity to look at all the beauty in the world when we are out there.

I remember once (before I had a boat) I was fishing out of a canoe. I had tied up beside a houseboat (in the shade) and was leaning back against it with my feet hanging over the side in the water. Another guy was coming out of the marina and asked me if I was doing any good. I said: "Yes". He asked if I was catching anything. I said: "No".

Don't get me wrong; I love to catch fish. But,I really enjoy just being out there.
    jerry

14. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    i guess it cant happen every day but sure does look like a good spot to try! give the river alittle more time to warm up and im sure they will be biting hard next time!

15. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Mother nature sure is beautiful sometimes isn't it? Nice pics. Great for relaxing.

16. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I was clearing out a new bank fishing spot up here, didnt think that throwing all the logs and trees in the river up here would mess up your fishing down there. lol

17. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    DH, thanks for posting!! :) I loves to hear whats going on in the "Big River"!

18. balddaddy91

balddaddy91 New Member

State:
    East Liverpool,Oh
    Nice pictures of the sunset

19. Baldcopper

Baldcopper New Member

State:
    Eastern Ohio
    Nice to see you again Eric, Yes Balddaddy hopefully we can get out there and try it too soon.

Brian

20. balddaddy91

balddaddy91 New Member

State:
    East Liverpool,Oh
    hopefully real soon got the itch:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: