Ohio River Fishing

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by Salty1, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Fishing the Ohio after I get off work tomorrow at 5:30 p.m. at the mouth of Harrods Creek from a piece of private property. We will fish at least till 12:00 a.m. and will let everybody know our results later this weekend. Our bait of choice will be Skipjack.

2. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    we'll be waiting for report good luck!:wink:

3. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    went yesterday, didnt mark much of anything on the sonar. Caught a few small bait and had no bites....that water is coooooooold! Good luck and post up how you did.

Bill

4. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Went out today on the Ohio fished:smile2::smile2: for a couple hours before dark,not much luck:sad2::sad2:.River is down an still fallen pretty good.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Went to the Greenup L&D yesterday to try for skips and cats. No luck on either. Guy down there told me the water temp. was 38*...Maybe another month or so till they start hitting.

6. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Had lots of small bites and only caught two small ones but they were keepers. Only fished till about 8:00 p.m. and then gave up.

7. cyncitycat

cyncitycat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    good luck but, with the river dropping and the rain last night who knows

8. 10POUNDER

10POUNDER New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Gave up at 8:00pm .....Why ? I never really have much luck on the Ohio until about 2:00am to 7:00 am ....And catch atleast 6 or 7 that are 5 to 8 lbs ....:crazy: BUt I would like to know of a good spot to catch me a wall treat .... If anybody has any Idea it would be much appreciated ! :cool2:

9. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Well........ when you have as many children as I do other things become priority in your life and there was lots of current and white caps on the river which make it very hard to fish so priorities won.

10. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    amen brother

11. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    Been there before!:wink:

12. 10POUNDER

10POUNDER New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I can see where your coming from John ....Sorry to come off like I did .... I guess in your situation anybody would have done the same thing ! Hat's off to you! I have a one little boy , so I can understand ...

13. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    You did'nt "come off" in any certain way and I was just telling the facts. Thanks for the apology though it was not needed.:wink: