Ohio River fishing trip.

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by rivertoon, Aug 6, 2008.

1. rivertoon

rivertoon New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I fished the ohio last night after a storm went through the Brandenburg area. The water was in good shape with good current. I caught four channels and three flat heads. One of the flat heads was a nice fish in the 20 lb. range but I did not weigh the fish. I also did not take the camera:sad2:. I want to thank all of you on the replies for the Brandenburg area. The more I fish this area the more I like it.

2. C.McCoy

C.McCoy New Member

State:
    KY
    Congrats. Going to try to get out there this weekend. If I get a kitchen pass I'll give you a buzz and maybe we can head out.

Chris

3. CatMaster3

CatMaster3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Yeah it was a heck of storm up towards Maysville. I was out at a paylake and it came a downpour and had to leave..the lightning was real bad

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great fishing trip on the OHIO, sometimes you need a little storm to mix things up a bit

5. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Did you fish bank @ park or boat my inlaws live there there is not much bank acess other wise than the park or did you walk edge of cliiff on down torwards the bridge ?

6. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    your deffently in a sweet spot! do you go up or down?

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Kirk thanks for sharing your fishing trip. Sounds like you have it figured out.

8. rivertoon

rivertoon New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I headed up river and fished from a boat. I fished three different spots between the boat ramp and Otter Creek.

9. rivertoon

rivertoon New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Just got off the river again. Had another good trip. I took my son and a friend of his and we caught a total of eight fish. The biggest fish was a blue in the 25 lb. range. Had one channel, one blue and the rest were flats. We fished the same area as Tuesday night. Current has dropped off a lot from Tuesday. Water temp. was 84-85.