Ohio River Fishers?

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by Dmcsa1201, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Dmcsa1201

Dmcsa1201 New Member

State:
    Shaler/Pit
    Hey has anyone fished the ohio river by any chance or submit any pointed cats? I see all the other rivers but see noone has made any post of the ohio!

2. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    We had one guy, 'nick' that was very active towards the spring. Unfortunately, that's the sad story about the forum, people don't stay.

I'm honestly not catfishing very much. I got myself frustrated and Its likely I won't earnestly fish for catfish until Mar-Apr 09, But I don't want to dissapear from the community.

At any rate, I've seen some incredible fish from the Ohio river, since I joined the web-site in may 08. I don't doubt, giving your freak rivers there due, that the Ohio River might have some of PA's largest flatheads. Its too bad, we don't have a contributor to show off the fishery.

3. steelerfan820

steelerfan820 New Member

State:
    pennsylvania
    try the area around the point and chartiers creek shed the shallows are banging around midnight

4. Dmcsa1201

Dmcsa1201 New Member

State:
    Shaler/Pit
    I think i might have to try it out thursday night. We will see thought Transportation has been rough for me. But i only live like 10-15 min away from the ohio river.

5. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Shoot. I would call a cab!

6. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i'd like ta see the look on the cabbie's face when ya load your gear and 5 gallon bucket of sunnies in his car :smile2:

7. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    this is not a pet shop buddy what are you doing?:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

8. Dmcsa1201

Dmcsa1201 New Member

State:
    Shaler/Pit
    I might have to do it and record it on my phone..hahahaha:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2: just to actually see what would happen. I could only imagine the possibilities

9. Dmcsa1201

Dmcsa1201 New Member

State:
    Shaler/Pit
    Anyone out there on the ohio? Help a brother out here. lol.

10. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex Active Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    i live right next to the ohio only about 1/2 mile from my house but never tried to beat threw the weeds to get to it... i live right down on 65 in ambridge... next year i will have all new gear and you will see my contributing some flathead points...

11. socex

socex New Member

State:
    Industry, Pennsylvania
    The Ohio River is where I fish, got a couple points in the east west comp. but just a down right bad year. I've seen two caught over 40# though this year. I fish the montgomery pool and the pool below where the state line is. I can point you in the right direction in these 2 pools.

12. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex Active Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    oh i know where that is.... my dads friend has caught alot of 30lb flatties down by the ambridge bridge on the south heights side

13. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    I also fish on the ohio (montgomery pool) I've had a good year catching 15 to 20 lb flats. Only landed 3 over 30# this year hoping for a better spring next year.

14. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    Jason, nice to see ya again. was wondering where you have been brother.

15. Dmcsa1201

Dmcsa1201 New Member

State:
    Shaler/Pit
    Anyone been out on the ohio fishing? Me and a buddy were behind the Pen and went down on the back of the back channel of neville dam. Caught one wally and sauger behind the pen. And nothing at the dam cause the current was extremely fast.

16. brew1961

brew1961 New Member

State:
    West Virgi
    I fish the Ohio and have caught alot of nice fish this year 24,26 inch walleye, 5lb. small mouth, 35 & 45ld flatheads two stripers over ten pounds. good luck tim

17. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    welcome to the club Tim. lookin' forward to your posts.

18. Dmcsa1201

Dmcsa1201 New Member

State:
    Shaler/Pit
    Good stuff tim. Id say they are some nice fish. And Welcome to the B.O.C. brother.:0a25:

19. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    I've caught some nice walleye and sauger where the beaver river goes into the Ohio. One of my favorite walleye spots

20. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex Active Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    that is a great spot for walleye and sauger. i like to use a johnson silver minnow or a 1/4 orange or chartruese jig for those big sauger.