Ohio River - Dowtown Cincy Area...?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by RiverKing, Jun 9, 2007.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Anyone fishing up that way lately? Just wondering if they are biting..Been gone for week on my honeymoon, and need some reports..I will find out for myself tonight. Hope to get into some flats..Are they spawning yet?

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Honeymoon, you done messed up now!!!!

I mean, congrats. lol

3. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I've been fishing up river the last few weekends and not doing too good. We were thinking about putting in downtown tonight also. Maybe see you down there? Are you using Schmidt or the Public Landing?

4. cincynick

cincynick New Member

State:
    ohio
    Went along RT 50 last night, couldn't find many shad. Didn't catch any cats but did catch a nice striper on cut shad.

5. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

I will be using the public landing, i have been doing the best down river from schmidt so far this year...May end up, up river though...Who knows, but i am launching downtown. Hope to see you.

6. Catbird

Catbird New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    I will be launching from the Public Landing as well this evening. Just got back from Rocky Fork Lake with 63 bluegill to stock up the bait tank in the shed. Probally will bring a couple with me...they might be good bait...lol See you all down there.

7. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Well I think I saw your guys vehicles when we left but I guess we never ran into each other. We hit the water at 7:00 and left at 2:00. How did you guys nights turn out?

8. Fishinfreak

Fishinfreak Member

State:
    North Bend,Ohio
    Hope you`s had better luck than me.Went over to Brookville lake and only caught 2 channels. The river has been good for flats the last 2 weeks.But i wanted to try my luck elsewhere. See you`s on the water soon.Randy

9. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

I ran into Catbird I was looking for you guys but didnt see you...We did terrible. We put in at about 8 or so, and fished until about 3..We caught our first fish about 15 minutes after we launched..Didnt get another bite the rest of the night..Were you guys up river or down river from the public launch? Congrats on the flatties by the way.

10. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    About 8:00 or so we were probably down by Addyston still hunting for bait. We just kind of worked our way back up river to town the rest of the night. We didn't go up river at all last night. Let me know when you're going to come down again so we can try to meet up this time.

11. Catbird

Catbird New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    I arrived I guess around 8:30PM and left at 7:AM. I fished a few different spots and I came up with by 3:AM was 5 channels...from 3-6 lbs. Around 4:00AM the blues started hittting. I ended up catching 2 more channels and 15 bluecats. I boated 3 at 18#, 2 at 17#, and the rest 16# - 12#. At one time...had 3 fish on but lost one. Kept hoping for a big one but thry must still be spawning. They should be out of spawn pretty soon. Enjoy the pics... Last one is my fishing buddy "Puffer"...he was no help with netting...baiting...or with the pictures but he is pretty good company...lol Not one single hit from a flathead all night for me.

Attached Files:

12. Catbird

Catbird New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    a few more pics...

Attached Files:

13. Catbird

Catbird New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    and a few more...

Attached Files:

14. Catbird

Catbird New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    last 3 pics of the trip...

Attached Files:

15. Catbird

Catbird New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    a set that didn't make it...

Attached Files:

16. Catbird

Catbird New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, Ohio
    If you look closely...you can see the boat getting slimed up worse and worse as the night went by...it is quite a mess...lol

17. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Will do man, will probably be a few weeks cause i got the Madison Classic coming up here in 2 weeks..I am having a tourny out of schmidt on 7/14/07..You and your partner should come down and fish it, there alot of fun.

18. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nothing better than a slimed up boat!:lol::lol:

19. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Nice job on the numbers AND sizes Dale. That would be one hell of a night in my book. Well done!!!

I'm not much on tournament fishing although I'd like to maybe see how one of these goes. However I'll be in Florida on vacation for your July tournament. So maybe the next one after that.

20. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Man guys, i dont know what i was doing wrong..LOL..I had a good selection of bait, i fished from 7 ft of water all the way to 45 ft of water..I fished flats, ledges, drops, holes, rocks, sandy bottom..I couldnt even get a bite..I kept getting light taps, then they wouldnt take the bait, they would hit it once, and leave it alone....Yall fished circles around me on saturday night..... I just got married, maybe my wife is bad luck:big_smile:..Nice job on the fish.