Ohio River Conditions?

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by glenmorebuckman, Sep 7, 2006.

1. glenmorebuckman

glenmorebuckman New Member

State:
    Caneyville, Ken
    Does any one know what the Ohio is like? I fished below Hawseville/Cannelton last weekend and the water was pretty stained and running pretty strong.Thought I might give it a try this weekend. Thanks in advance!!

2. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    They are running 27 ft of water through the dam...The current should be decent, fishing should be pretty good

3. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    hey man, we're going over saturday. the current should be good. i believe they will be opening some more gates. water levels should be holding steady around 13 feet. baitfish should be abundant with the drop in temp. probably have to control the drift with your trolling motor or anchor. we will be in a big lowe roughneck(18 footer) if ya see us give us a holler!

4. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
  5. KYfarmer

KYfarmer New Member

State:
    KY
    I am thinking about a trip to the Dam Sat. I have not fished Cannelton before, shoud I catch bait in Owensboro before I come or is bait pretty easy to find in the Hawsville area or around the dam?

6. mlohre

mlohre New Member

State:
    Walton, Kentucky
    i have been catching skips in front of Markland dam pretty easy. planning on being there tonight

7. fitzytbone1

fitzytbone1 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    It has been pretty active up in my neck of the woods the past few weeks. Caught the one in my avatar last week on a crushed shad and another about as big on a shad head. I'm upstream from cincy so i don't know if you would be interested in heading that way. Just figured i would share.