Ohio River Coming Up

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by river1214rat, Oct 23, 2007.

1. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Walked down to check the river this morning around 0600, and she has risen about 4 feet, according to West Point's measuring system. The water is flowing just under my neighbor's dock. Huge logs coming down out of the Salt. She looks very swift with more rain to come. As my neighbor says, you spend 99% of your time looking at her, then she will come up and look at you!! :001:

Linda

BE SAFE

2. Ducati Monster

Ducati Monster New Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Cool, we needed that... Maybe it'll clear up this weekend in time for everybody to fish.

Thanks for the update.

3. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    i wouldnt count on that. probably be up a while. the entire northeast is getting one heck of a drenching and alot of that water is dumping into the ohio.

4. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    The water levels have been so low this year in cincy, we need a good hard continuous rain..It takes ALOT to get that big river up to where it is unfishable..According to the cincy gauge the river was at 26 ft last night, if it came up 4 ft, that puts it right about 30 ft, which is pretty much PRIME TIME fishing.

5. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Well it's about time.When the rivers up the fish feed and they will feed close to shore.Been waiting for this for a few months.Good luck to everyone catch a biggin.

6. rustyhook36

rustyhook36 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Come on rain we need current!!!

7. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    thats awesome the fish feeding closer to shore ...that means i have somewhat of a chance. now all i need to do is convince my wife that its a good time to go fishing and she should let me go.

8. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    dave we need to try to catch some skips to freeze before it gets to cold!! im gona fish till i freeze my az off this year...

9. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    i hear ya on that one adam. i know the perfect spot to catch them ...well its the only spot that ive caught them all year long. maybe friday morning i might be able to get out ... i hope my wife lets me fish thursday night cause its my bday and all. but who knows ... tell me what ya think. i might head out tonight and fish all night and then go work 14 hrs tomorrow lol.