Ohio River Cincinnati area

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by BigCat72, Jun 22, 2007.

1. BigCat72

BigCat72 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Going to the river sat. night out of schmit ramp, anyone doing any good in the area. Been about a month since ive been down there.

2. catch14u

catch14u New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was there last sat. night. fished from 6:00pm till 3:00am and couldnt get a bite.
    good luck

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    We fished that area the last 2 weeks, the first weekend we did ok with a 35 and a 21 both flats, last weekend was not so good. Caught only small fish. There was another boat with us on the other side of the river that caught a 16lb flat, but that was about it. Good luck

4. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Don, did you make it down there?

5. 32#fishnamedjoe

32#fishnamedjoe New Member

State:
    Indiana
    went fishing at vevay down by the markland dam did'nt catch much 7 cats in 3 days biggest was only 5 lb 4 oz dissapointed cause i drove 135 miles cause someone told me it was awesome fishin down there

6. BigCat72

BigCat72 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Went down sat. night fished from 7pm to about 5am didnt have no current or luck, managed a flat head of no size and some gar and a few turtles

7. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    You weren't drift fishing between the bend below Schmidt and I-471 were you?

8. BigCat72

BigCat72 New Member

State:
    OHIO
    no wasnt me drifting, i only anchor fish anyway

9. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    We finished up Saturday night by the barge loading facility in the stretch of river I asked you about and there was a boat that drifted past us twice.

Friday night we got 14 fish, all flats and channels, nothing larger than 10#'s.
    Saturday night we only managed 3 channels, I personally couldn't get a bite to save my life. It's feast or famine with me.