Ohio River -Cincinnati 8/27-8/28

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by tbull, Aug 28, 2009.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Got out last night with Drew (Angler4life). The night started out slow, hard to get a good drift in but the wind picked up a bit and helped out. Tried alot of different spots and finally located some active fish. Ended up with 13 all together before we ran out of time, was 530 in the morning so decided better pack it up. The big fish of the night was a blue that was between 30-35lbs, the scale I had him on was off a little, I think the fish was actually closer to 30, the pic doesnt do him justice, he was wrestling with me pretty good in the boat so getting a good pic was tough..lol Drew has all the pics so hopefully he will post soon. It was cool meeting him and getting out on the water he's a great guy and we will definatley do it again soon. Nice to have another die hard in the area!:big_smile:

2. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Congrats on a good night man, glad you and drew got on some fish. He definitely is a good dude.

3. Angler4life

Angler4life New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Thanks a lot for the props guys. It's been a blast fishin' with you guys. Here are some pics from last night. We had a great night, couldn't ask for more. I'm trying to get these pics up but it sayd there's something wrong with the security, so I'll try tonight when I get back from work.......Stay tuned.

4. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Good job guys!
    The bite seems to be really picking up on the ole' Ohio.

5. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was out there yesterday really tough bite. I had a very limited amount of time and gas and committed to an area that was not producing. I catfished for about two hours had fresh shad and fresh skipjack and not a nibble. I trolled for stripers for less than an hour and again not a nibble. I only was out from 6:30 to 9:00 and the wind made it a pain. I'm glad you managed to find some fish. I figured I might be able to switch it up a lot and catch some but with three hours to fish and a quarter tank of gas I just stuck it out where I was.

6. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Way to go travis....Why is it when I go with you we dont catch any thing?? oh I remember now its my Bad luck :sad2:

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio

You have only went with me once bud....lol:wink:

8. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Im waiting for it to get colder then he!! before you take me out again bro :wink:

9. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Oh yeah its gonna be a good winter my friend...:roll_eyes::wink:

10. Angler4life

Angler4life New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Alright, I finally got these pictures to upload. Sorry it took so long, I got real busy. This is Travis's 30-35 pounder and a 12-15 pounder I caught. It's hard to tell by the picture, but Travis's fish is a chunk, and had a large belly on him.

Attached Files:

11. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Purty blues! :big_smile:

12. Angler4life

Angler4life New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Here are a couple other pics. This is the good one Travis caught and a smaller one that I caught. Once again, thanks a lot Travis letting me sail with you. It was a heck of a time. It's great to know that you can meet such good guys like you and Curtis over a catfishing website. Can't wait till next time.:big_smile:

Attached Files:

13. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats guys! Glad you two got hooked up and caught some great fish!!! :wink: :big_smile: rollo

14. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    . The big fish of the night was a blue that was between 30-35lbs, the scale I had him on was off a little, I think the fish was actually closer to 30, the pic doesn't do him justice, he was wrestling with me pretty good :eek:oooh: come on bud ,every fishermen knows up round up:big_smile: so, i would think it looks like a 35lber.and if someone dose'nt think it dose just tell them," hum, it just must be the agel the pic was taken at:big_smile::big_smile: "

15. Kat-addict

Kat-addict New Member

State:
    ohio
    I don't know travis.........? Looks closer to 20 to me ! LOL. Nice job.