Ohio River Catfishing

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by spindaddy, Oct 20, 2008.

1. spindaddy

spindaddy New Member

State:
    IN
    Just got my boat up and running and plan on doing some fishing in the Ohio around the Mt. Vernon, IN Area any tips for finding a big flat head out there?

2. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    sorry, never fished the ohio... im sure there are plenty of people on here that will be able to give you all the info you need to put you right on top of that big flattie though...

wolcome to the boc

3. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    look in the kentucky section u might find someone that fishes down that part of the river. i dont know of anyone on the indiana side that goes down there. most fish cannelton down to henderson.

4. ironcat

ironcat New Member

State:
    indiana
    I'll be down in cannelton this weekend.There calling for rain but I plan on coming down anyway. Hopefully bait won't be hard to find since the rain is coming and the high will only be in the 50's.

5. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC Jason...

6. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    If you can get to the New Albany area drop me a PM. Thanks, David

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    The river is high adventure! You state that you just got the boat ready so I don't know how much river experience you have. If the wind picks up it is crazy out there! Also fishing is much different and I still have not broken the code on it. Sometimes it goes as expected, most time not. Be patient

8. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL
    Hey Jason, i fish that area quite a bit. I don't know about flatheads but there are plenty of blues around there. If you put in at mt. vernon, i usually go upstream. Look for the deep water and structure. There are some good "outside curves" all the way up to Henderson. Bait can be a pain tho!!:embarassed:

9. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    if you want to try for some flatheads sometime shoot me a pm.. i am willing to go just about anytime..

10. spindaddy

spindaddy New Member

State:
    IN
    Just might do that. Went out below J.T. Meyers Dam this weekend and got three blues in about 3 hours. a 5, 6, and 7.5 pounder.

11. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    the fishin has been a little slow... i sure hope they start hitting better soon ,,,

12. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Got out on the river Sunday for a few hours and got skunked. Just a few small hits all day.

13. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    there is alot of us fish around down that way some of the better fishing is in that area just like biga said give him a pm or me or there is a few outhers that fish down that way as welldiamond island is one of the good spots to start looking good luck there are some nice fish to be cought down that way