Ohio River catfish

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by ka_c4_boom, Feb 24, 2007.

1. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    well we done it again vern and i got on the water today launched at milton ky at 10am and ran 6 miles to fish a couple good eddie holes the first spot we found that marked good fish we anchored in 15' and fed 30' of rope out (note to self get new rope 100') and fished in 50' the fish were stacked according to my graph next to the upper side of the eddie , we fished it for an hour before a barge came and his wake knocked us loose (short rope) so we brought all 9 rods in and the anchor and moved back up where we started for another attempt at those fish after another hour of the boat spinning back and forth cause we were to close to the bank and the current whipping through the eddie catching the boat vern was frustrated and we headed towards the house half way to the ramp i see vern staring at something so i stop the boat we were looking at gulls feeding off the top of the water so we headed over to the spot and vern tossed the net he caught several mooneye and shad aswell as some drum even caught the same drum twice it was bout 15# :lol: so we pulled up in 15' and anchored in this eddie that was obviously holding baitfish and put on fresh cut bait i managed to catch a channel and a blue from this spot we fished a little while longer i was freezing but wanted vern to catch a fish so i wouldnt feel bad for outfishing him again :lol: finally he said lets go he was freezing i didnt argue :lol: when we came thruogh town the bank clock said 34* well the wind chill on the river had to be well below 25* cause ice was forming on the trees where they entered the water . below are a few pics .

Attached Files:

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    more pics of today

Attached Files:

• ff1.JPG
      ff1.JPG
      File size:
      127.6 KB
      Views:
    • ff2.JPG
      ff2.JPG
      File size:
      103.4 KB
      Views:

3. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i forgot to post my fish :lol:

Attached Files:

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Great report and pics! I'm glad you got the new camera! I look forward:cool2: to seeing many fishing photos in the future!

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Great fishing adventure and a meal... can't beat that with a stick!!!! Good job guys... WTG!!!

6. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    MMMM, Yummy Blue cats!:tounge_out:

7. Wyocatman

Wyocatman New Member

State:
    Centralia, Illinois
    Nice fish charles. glad u got a new camera. Jealous that u caught fish this weekend, i sure didnt

dru

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Nice fish Charles, and a good meal.

9. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    thanks guys :lol: i actually forgot i made this post till i was looking for a pic :lol:

10. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    you dog.them pictures of the fish and the river was wonderful but that plater of brown stuff thats just wrong.

11. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    made you hungry huh :lol: me too and i just ate a hamburger

12. rsimms

rsimms New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Great report... I sure am glad that cold weather seems to have finally left us down here. I got a kick out of seeing the old boat. Some things change... but some remain the same. You and Vern stay warm and dry!

13. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i was eating hamburger helper when i read your post.made helper tast like heck.