Ohio River Catfish 8.27-9.8

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by fishdealer04, Sep 9, 2009.

1. fishdealer04

fishdealer04 Member

State:
    Cincinnati
    Ok well I havent posted a report on here in awhile so I figured I would post 1 with the last 4 trips to the Big "O".

8/27 Hit the river with Mark (Salmonid) We fished all through Cincinnati and had a good day catching 5 blues. 5#, 8#, 9#, 9#, and a 21#

9/1 Hit the river with my little sister she wanted to go fishing 1 more time before she headed back to school at OSU. This was her first time on the Ohio River. Again we fished all through Cincinnati and had a good day...well she had a good day catching all the fish. We caught 9 fish, and she got the catfish trifecta.
    We got 5 blues 4#, 8#, 9#, 8#, 13#
    1 Channel 4#
    3 Flatheads 1#, 6#, 7#

9/3 Hit the river with another manager from work. It was his first time on the river. I took him over to Tanners Creek to fish today instead of Cincinnati, as I figured that traffic might be a little heavier with the fireworks coming up on the weekend.

We caught some shad and then went to one of the discharges and loaded up on skipjack. Spent the day drifting and managed 5 blues 4#, 8#, 8#, 28 #, 6 #

Up until this time my friend's biggest catfish was a 5 pound channel cat. I got him on an 8 pound blue so that became his biggest and then late in the day he got the 28 # so he was excited

9/8 Hit the river today with Mark again and we fished all through Cincinnati today. Had some trouble finding bait, but when I did find it, it only took a couple throws to get some shad and even managed a few skippies in the mix.

We caught 4 blues 16#, 10#, 10#, 6# and 3 channels 2#, 4#, 2#

The river has been fishing very well the past 2 weeks. Cant wait to hit it again this weekend. I have only been fishing it since April of this year, and have learned a lot. Each time out I learn something new as well as trying at least 2 new spots each time I get out there.

Attached a couple pictures from the trips.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  2. fishdealer04

fishdealer04 Member

State:
    Cincinnati
    More pictures.......

Attached Files:

3. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    congrats on the catches. Glad to see you, your buddy, and your sister got on to some fish. I bet they were both pretty excited. I hope the river turns on even more here and rises a little with the rain. Im at school and won't really get the benefits of it, but i hope so for ya'll it does :smile2:

4. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yeah, the fishing and catching has been pretty good the last few weeks!, I was suprised a few others on here said the bite has slowed down for them. Id say keep hitting some new water, all fish today came from 4 different spots and I think we hit 7 spots total today. Most of them were "new" spots so keep trying to locate them, fish it for a while and if nothing, move on to some different type of water until you can locate them. We have found fish in all sorts of depths as well, from 12 ft down to 47 FOW. I guess what I am saying is that if you are not having any luck in the usual spots, try something else. Oh yeah, our best bite has been in the hottest part of the day, 1-4 PM, go figure.....:eek:oooh:

Salmonid

5. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    great report, congrats on the good day.

6. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Congratz on a great week. Looks like a sweet boat to boot.

7. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    dude, your sister is hot..LMAO

8. Tool958

Tool958 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Nice catch! We went down to Mt Vernon, In. last week. Didn't do too great. Had two 7# blues and 3 fiddler channels in two days. It was our first time there, so didn't think we did too bad. Thanks for the report.

9. fishdealer04

fishdealer04 Member

State:
    Cincinnati

I am telling your wife...haha

10. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

LOL..I will tell her too

11. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio

I wasnt going to say anything...but leave it to Matt to say what i was thinking :tounge_out::big_smile::smile2:. She coming to a BOC gathering? :smile2:

12. Steph

Steph New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi

lol :smile2:

13. catfishDK

catfishDK New Member

State:
    cincinnati OH
    Nice fish Brian!

14. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Your boat can sit 3 if I remember correctly. :tounge_out::tounge_out::smile2::tounge_out::big_smile:

15. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio

I dunno, but I am filing my transfer papers for OSU now :smile2:

16. fishdealer04

fishdealer04 Member

State:
    Cincinnati

Thanks Dan!

Haha she doesnt fish much, but she likes too...she is taken by an Air Force boy though so sorry guys..:smile2:

17. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio

lol just yankin your chain man. Its nice to see ya two out fishing though. :roll_eyes: