ohio River catch 05-24-25-09

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Jadkins, May 26, 2009.

1. Jadkins

Jadkins New Member

State:
    Connersville, I
    Ohio River below markland dam. Justin, don, and I went out sunday night monday morning caught between 20 and 25 fish from 6#-48.9#. Bite was Good but had to stay on the move. Lost one hog in the dam area because of a bad drag. had the fish to the boat 6-8 times just out of reach at the net. Steve and mike tried to get into place to either take the anchor rope or net the fish. The current was so strong though that it was not safe. After one hour I lost my patients and the fish. Justin will be fixing that real or leaving it at home. All of the rest of the fish where caught west of the dam, from about 100 yards below the bouyi field to the power plant. Mike and steve decided to flat head fish and caught 8 or so. Biggest was 21. All in all was a pretty good night. Here are some picks.

2. BIGCATFISH64

BIGCATFISH64 New Member

State:
    Muncie,Indiana
    All in all seemed like a pretty good night, but eh!!! Where are the pics!!!LOL!!! Sounds like you had a good night out, congrats!!!

3. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sorry, I took my camera over to his house and wrote the post from there. When I left he was having trouble getting the them to load onto site. We will get them up soon.

4. Jadkins

Jadkins New Member

State:
    Connersville, I
    here a few

Attached Files:

5. Jadkins

Jadkins New Member

State:
    Connersville, I
    1 more

Attached Files:

6. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Very nice cats you got there:big_smile:

7. 32#fishnamedjoe

32#fishnamedjoe New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I tried to fish the bank at vevay and the ole lady skunked me 2 to nuthin. one nice blue ,and one large skipjack, which i cut for bait, and still no fish but i'll drive the 200 miles at least a couple more times maybe the current wont have me on the bank

8. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The big one that got away came out of the very strongest current on the indiana side.

9. Jadkins

Jadkins New Member

State:
    Connersville, I
    Yea skippi i keep listen to you i will be in good with the wife and she will let me go monday if thats still the plan..... if so what time do you think we should head out..... we can all way stay for a day

10. Steve

Steve New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Shane. You still using Justin for a net man?
    Steve

11. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Congrats man that sounds like a great night. I have been wanting to get down to Markland for a while now. Was gonna go to Louisville mid June but wonder if the blues will be on the nest....looks like they are still biting good down there...

12. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Steve, Justin did everything he could. Wasnt real safe you know, you where only about 30 yards from us you know how unsafe it was. He made a far better effort to get that fish for me than I did for that fish for you ya know. What I did on that fish of yours was just stupid. I know better. That fish sunday couldnt have had better luck. Bad drag horiffick current and fatboy don. That fish I should have used the rod tip and walked to the front of the boat. Just didnt feel safe doing it. Just like you didnt feel safe coming over and netting it for me, or taking my anchor rope. Biggest problem was the fact that justin brought a JUNK REAL. Unfortunately this one is 1 I cant blame on JUSTIN. Sure would like to though. LOL:0a20:

13. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Looks like some nice fish... Im gonna try and get me a larger boat for the Ohio and bigger bodys of water here in the next few weeks..