Ohio River Blues

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by misterwhisker, Oct 14, 2008.

1. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    my brother and i are going to the river this week end,most likely the cinci area,for blues, but i got 1 problem never been on that stretch of the river, and i was wondering where to get some skippies:confused2:,NE info would be appreciated... thanks

2. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    T BULL WOULD KNOW. PROBABLY EVEN SHAD WOULD WORK THEY ARE STARTING TO GEAR UP FOR WINTER. PM ME IF YOU THINK YOU WANT ANOTHER BOAT OF BROTHERS IN THE PROXIMITY MAYBE I CAN MAKE THAT MY TIP THIS WEEKEND.

3. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Good luck on your trip!!

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Great luck on your trip Brother.

5. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Man the big skippies are few far and in between right now, they just vanished...Now if you go to meldahl dam and go to the top of the wall on the ky side you can load up on 6 inch skippies right now, for me it just aint worth the trip, if I am going that far to get skips that size I would rather just catch shad. I wish the big ones would show up because I am fresh out....Cincy area huh??? Interesting, what day? Do tell my friend...:wink:

6. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    we are gona leave the house around 6 am saturday, heck shad will work, but have no idea where to go for them even, if i fall short on gettin fresh lively bait, would dip bait catch blues? one thing is for sure, im hungry for some blue action, any thing at all would be appreciated:big_smile:p,s. i will be taking my big boat on this trip cuz its gota place to lay our heads for the night, we are gone stay sat. thru, sun about noon.

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    sent you a PM

8. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    MR Whiskas, Travis probably gave you good info in the PM but know that the Blues are far and few between, from what i have been experiencing, I will tell you the deeper holes seem to hold a few and the bigger baits will probably work better then dip bait. Shad are even hard to find in that stretch. Best to bring your own shad if you have access to them, last thing, the bite has been before about 10 am. then it shuts down.

Good luck and maybe Ill see you guys down there as Ill be out and about at some time over the weekend. What is the big boat and Ill keep an eye out for ya.
    Salmonid

9. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    i will either be in blue bass boat or a 20ft cuddy barracuda, on the side its white with red stripes, with two half bald hillbillys tryin to catch some blues:wink:

10. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    scratch the half bald stuff we'll be wearing hats:smile2:

11. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    BE PROUD .GOD GAVE SOME PEOPLE HAIR GAVE OTHERS BRAINS.

12. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    i would like to take a minute here to thank travis (tbull) for the help and information he has givin me im sure it will help alot, it beats the heck out of going in the blind and making several trips,im sure i will be shooting in the dark a lil still, but at least the moon will be full, thanks again travis and thanks to the BOC for having such a great site,hopefully my hands will be blue after this trip, i will post pics if im lucky

13. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Not a problem bud, anytime...remember to keep my number....Hope you tear them up. I wont be in that pool this weekend so hopefully my stretch of bad luck doesn't spread in the area...:eek:oooh::smile2:

14. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    well tbull from what ive read, you to need to be at least 50 miles or better away from me, that will bring me luck:wink:

15. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Misterwhisker, Im not evan gonna ask ya to be my buddy on catfish1. Your my buddy forever for sayin that.:smile2:. Its true man!! he is like the plague! Be afraid, be very afraid. :smile2: Ahhh I crack myself up. By the way misterwhisker, You said something about full moon. Do you seem to have better luck on full moon nights? Me and Travis (TBULL "The Plague":smile2:) were just talkin bout that on the phone the other night. The best night of fishing Ive ever had in my life on the river was on a full moon night and didnt know if that was just luck or what. I here that rumor a lot but its cool to get other opinions! Another reason I ask is because if this seems to be true for others I can start planning trips according to the Moon Phases. By the way TBULL is a hell of a fisherman, I just like giving him a hard time cause when we go fishin together he sprinkles fish repellent on all my tackle!:wink::smile2::wink::smile2:

16. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Here is a few pics from that night! You can see the moon just plain as day!!! caught 30 blues that night on mooneyes and could have caught more but ran out of bait. Sucks to cause we had plenty of more bait at home in the deep freeze

Attached Files:

17. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    honestly, i fish when ever i get the chance, how ever i do like to make trips 2or 3 days before the full moon and 2 to 3 days after, i have caught some good size and good numbers during those times, the reason for this blue cat trip is cuz i have never caught one,and the fact of being in the cabelas tourney in point pleasant when those good ole boys rolled in with them monsters, i just gota get my hook in one, I will not fail:wink:

18. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    :smile2:
    Robin bud I told you what the problem is, none of this is gonna end unless you mouth a fish of mine succesfully. We will be in your area Friday night, if I call you, you must drop what you are doing, and get down to the water. If you dont have a boat then so be it, swim out to mine, and mouth my fish. Once you complete this the curse shall be lifted and you will be back to normal. I can only give the tools, I cannot complete the task for you!:wink::smile2::smile2::eek:oooh::crazy:

19. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    so I let one fish get away, surely that wouldnt curse me could it? Besides, if full moon means anything it was full yesternight!:smile2: Immu trying to get Randy out Friday night but if he wont I may just go by myself and have the curse lifted! Hey maybe Ill try the net next time?:smile2:

20. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    I must ask this question Travis. Why are you online playing mr catfisherman and your at work?? Get me that application man!!:smile2::wink::smile2: