Ohio river between Marieta and Point Pleasant

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by brother hilljack, May 19, 2008.

1. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Hello brothers and sisters, I am posting to request info on the Ohio River between Marietta, Ohio and Point Pleasant, WV. I am interested in some land down on the WV side of the river, but need to know what the catfishing is like down there. One land mark in the area would be Wells island. Are there any big cats down there? How about the big blues. I know its kind of far East for them, but I didn't know what people were actually catching.

This is a very important part of my future and I need an accurate report of the fishing conditions in this area. Please provide me with quality info. I am not trying to steal you fishing holes, just making a life decision. Thanks in advance for all of your help.

2. catfish_hunter79

catfish_hunter79 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i fish around Marietta, Ohio alot and i do get in to some nice blues and flats right by the mouth of the muskinghom river right now the water is up from the rain but as for the fishing its good most of the time.

3. catfish361

catfish361 New Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Shane
    I fish that area alot. You can get some blues not big ones yet but they are growing. The flatheads, well they have a few of those. Most of the flatheads I find in this area will range from 15 to 50 pounds.
    The Racine, Bryd pool are great catfishing pools. On June 7th there is the largest catfish tournament in the country right there in Mason Wv.There are normally around 120 boats. If you really want to see what kind of catfish and how big you should go to the weight in.

4. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    catfish361
    catfish_hunter79,

Hey brothers thanks for the information. I need all I can get. I am very interested in this area and have some catfish dreams to fulfill in my retirement. I am currently in Iraq so I am sorry to report that I will not be able to make it to the tourney. Thanks again in advance.

5. catfish361

catfish361 New Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    THANK YOU FOR SERVING

6. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    Thank you for Serving and keeping our country free so I can worship in peace God Bless Rick

7. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    You call it serving, I call it the best Job in America! Thanks for your appreciation and support.

I know there are some people out there who can provide me some more info. are you telling me that only 2 BOC members fish this area????

8. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I have only fish the area a couple of times so I can't comment much, since I don't know the area well. WV has stocked blues in that areas which are growing. Should get better and better.

9. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Jeff,

Thanks for your help. I have heard that WV has been stocking blues, but I did not know that they ranged so far East. Thanks again and I look forward to fishing with guys in the future.

10. waterhammer82

waterhammer82 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I fish just south of this area in the belpre pool as it is called. There are some good cats to be had there. When you get back stateside just send me a line and I will be glad to show you where I fish, granted my personal best is only a #35 shovelhead, I can also show you where to catch 10 to 15 pound channels that tail walk like bass sometimes. God bless ya, and keep your head down.

11. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I would be very happy to fish with you. Thanks for the invite and I will take you up on it.