Ohio River Bank Fishing

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by Eudora, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Hello All:

My friend and I were looking to make a trip down to the Cincy area and I wondered if anyone could recommendd some good spots to fish from the shore on eithr the OH or KY side. We'd like to target blues. Also, if anyone could give us a report on how the fishing has been lately, that would be cool to. Thanks

Andy

2. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    I dont know anything about the area ur wanting to fish ... but im sure someone will ...there are alot of members that fish that area and im sure they will let u in on some info they have.

3. mlohre

mlohre New Member

State:
    Walton, Kentucky
    Were you can fish is at the Newport landing and fish the mouth of the licking river. I have located a lot of fish there and have heard of some nice blues coming from there. Good Luck:0a23:

4. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Hey Mike and Dave:

Thank you for your responses. We're gonna head down in about 2 weeks. Hopefully, the blues will be on the bite.

5. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Judging from this post I would have to say the blues are starting to hit in the Cincy area.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62382

As far as bank fishing areas I have no clue. There is a public ramp right behind the ball parks in downtown. don't know if the bank fishing is good there or not.

6. Ruger 454

Ruger 454 Member

State:
    LaGrange Kentucky
    Hey Andy,where do you live in MI.? I lived in wayne/westland ,s.lyon and temperance for most of my life.If you ever get over to erie I have a killer spot for you to try.

7. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Hey Mike:

I live in Monroe, with the River Raisin flowing right through my backyard. Unfortunately, no flatheadas or blues in the river. You say you've got a killer spot in Erie? As in Erie, MI? Where do you live now?

8. Ruger 454

Ruger 454 Member

State:
    LaGrange Kentucky
    I live in LaGrange KY.about 8-10 min. from the Ohio river,just moved here 2mo.ago.Have you ever fished at the hot water discharge at the end of Erie rd.ext.5 off 75?The lake might be too cold right now but it really turns on in the spring after the walleye run in the D.R./maumee rivers.The white bass fishing is insane there also,Ihave had 100 fish days throwing small castmasters.

Mike

9. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Mike:

I've nveer fished that spot before. I'll have to try it sometime. Thanks for the tip. Do they get flatheads out in that area? I usually fish the Maumee near Grand Rapids a lot and then locally on the Raisin. How far are you from Cincinnati?

10. Ruger 454

Ruger 454 Member

State:
    LaGrange Kentucky
    Sorry no flatties just channel cats that I have caught,if you try it it is best to wade out to the first sand bar on the s. side of the discharge.I live about 1hr.20min. from cinci.
    Good Luck Mike

11. mlohre

mlohre New Member

State:
    Walton, Kentucky
    Andy,

what time table do you have for this trip? i mite come down and fish with you if that is ok. i will bring some skips.:0a23:

12. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Mike:

I am planning to come down to the Cincy area the day after Thanksgiving and hopefully fish that night (time permitting), Saturday day and night. You're more then welcome to fish with us. Let me knowif this works for you.

Andy

13. mlohre

mlohre New Member

State:
    Walton, Kentucky
    that sound great. i should be off work for that day.:0a23: