Ohio River at Uniontown ky.

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by antique, Jul 14, 2007.

1. antique

antique New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i am taking my grand son with me tonight to get the big ones,went two weeks ago and did not do very good. the shad run had just started in the creek up behind the dam and the shad were mostly about one inch long,should be better this week.they where every where but to small for bait.will let you know how we did.

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Keep us posted on how it goes, Might see you there!!!

3. neal

neal New Member

State:
    ky.
    Joe,hope you and your grand son catch some big ones. GOOD LUCK!!!:0a23:

4. antique

antique New Member

State:
    kentucky
    the fishing at uniontown dam was nothing to write home about,pretty slow. i think the highlite of the trip for my grandson was locking through the dam.after about two hours of me using my casting net we had about 30 shad large enough for bait,the creek behind the dam is full of small shad about one inch long.
    we fished about six hours and caught five cats,the largest was about eight pounds,anyway my grandson had a big time and that is what counts.here are a few pictures.

Attached Files:

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    That is what it is all about, having fun, Tell him I said congratulations on a fine catch!!!

6. neal

neal New Member

State:
    ky.
    Nice catch! Joe,glad you and your grandson had a good time!Thanks for sharing the pictures. Good Luck!!!