Ohio River at Petersburg

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by bigmaac73, Sep 21, 2009.

1. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    Well, Bill (bnt55) took me out today for my first driftin lesson. It was a tough day. Wind was on and off as was the rain. Took a while to find bait today, they where very scattered. Drifted three different spots and had a few hits but nothing would stick. The fish just werent in the mood today. The hits we did get, the fish wouldn't commit. They would only take half the bait in their mouth, and spit it out. Tried live shad/skipjack, and cut shad/skipjack. Thats ok, had a great time, got some great tips and made a new friend. Thats what this is all about. I appreciate Bill taking me out, sorry about the poor choice in days, we'll get em next time.

2. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Keep at that drifting they will come. plus we finally got some rain that may change things for the better

3. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    I blame Justin (bigmaac73) for the bad luck in fishing last night!:smile2: J/K I don't think I could have found a catfish if it was superglued to my fishing rod. Tough afternoon of fishing for sure, if I was to guess as to the cause I would say weather (remember the catfisherman credo...never accept responsibility for not finding fish, always shift the blame!). Hopefully you made it home last night...oh btw, the "E" on the gas gauge means no more gas....:roll_eyes:

Any time you want to go fishing just give me a shout, I try to fish somewhere at least 1-2 times a week, of course you don't have to, you can always stay on the bank....

Bill

4. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hey bill when do you want to get together and go out for a bit? either i can pick u up at the petersburg ramp or u can get me at the tanners ramp. ive been wanting to go fishing with u for a while now. cuz i think our styles of drifting are very different and i want to compare them

5. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    Is that what that E means?/ I think they need to have a sign on the petersburt exit that says, "no gas next 20 miles." I got home fine, and hopefully we can get together again real soon. next time, i will make sure that I have a full tank, and this time I wont get lost. And you pick the day next time.

6. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    READ AS: Bill, you need serious fishing help! :smile2:

I would never turn down an opportunity to fish out of another BOC'ers boat! I am out of town this weekend but before that or after I am game! I could use some good constructive criticism every now and again. Just give me a shout an we can hit the river.

Bill

7. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    HAHAHAHAHAHA bill i wasnt going to go that far. i know your still new to catfishing and i know you fish hard. i just wanna see you get on a big blue by the end of the year. and i really think i can help. but yeah i might be able to sneak away late next week. see i fish normally in the evenings into the late night and u like days... thats our problem :confused2:

8. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    As long as I dont have to work the next day I can swing a nighter, well, as long as you dont mind fishing with someone in footie pajamas and a spongebob sleeping bag .....:0a5:

Give me some heads up and maybe we can get something together.

9. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    ah dont worry at night its dark ill never know it. and if its cold i just might take spongebob away from u! :smile2: