Ohio River anyone?

Discussion in 'PENNSYLVANIA RIVERS TALK' started by blackburnian, Aug 28, 2007.

1. blackburnian

blackburnian New Member

State:
    PA
    I am gearing up for some serious catfishing in the next 6 weeks. Would anyone like to hit the Ohio River with me? This Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights could work. Any upcoming Sunday or Monday night could work also. I may take a Tuesday or two off work also. Some of my spots are a bit dangerous to be trying at night alone and the night can drag. Don't know what I'd do with a 40 pounder if I got one alone, ha ha!
    I might get a three day weekend around Columbus Day also.

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I fish a lot in the Steubenville, Ohio area. Don't know much about anywhere else. If you come down this far, I'll join you. The Flatheads have been biting pretty good lately.

3. blackburnian

blackburnian New Member

State:
    PA
    Thank you. Me and my girlfriend toured the Pike Island Dam today. What a nice place to fish with the "Fisherman's Access" and all. Of course, it must get crowded. We tried to find access to the New Cumberland Dam but couldn't see where to go, so we gave up. I probably won't fish these dams but my goal is to see every dam on Pittsburgh's Three Rivers. Fifteen down and a bunch to go to Cairo, IL.
    I have a coworker lined up for fishing Sunday night. I would entertain the idea of getting an Ohio License in the future. Do you venture into Beaver County?

4. MrCatfishPA

MrCatfishPA New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh
    Hey bud, how are ya? My name is Mike I'm a Pittsburgh native and have pulled 30+ lb. Flatheads in the three rivers area. However, two years ago I moved to northeast PA and although I do get back to the burgh pretty often...I have really slacked this summer and haven't gotten out to try the flatheads at all.....maybe getting married and buying a house all within three months had something to do with it, LOL, well anyways, I will be in Pittsburgh the entire labor day weekend and I plan on spending the day on Sunday with my wife and two dogs catching bluegills for bait and then fishing all evening and late night and even into the morning if the fish are biting! Were definitely looking for other people to fish with all night if your interested. I know what you mean about some of the spots, they can be a bit dangerous, thats why I bring my dog! lol. Catch you later!

5. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    When I fish Pike Island, I get out on the gravel bar. Last night I went out with a couple of friends, but only ended up with one fish just under 23#. I have never fished New Cumberland Dam (even if you could from the shore) or anywhere farther north. As far as Beaver County, I would have to look it up on the map. If you want to come get together some time , just let me know. I have a few Saturday night tournaments I still plan to fish this year, but most any other night I can get free for a while.