Ohio River and Markland Dam

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by SkiMax, Jan 5, 2009.

1. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    I am heading home to visit the family for a week here in a couple days and I plan on dusting my boat off while I'm home and trying to catch some fish! I'm pretty excited, I haven't been catfishing in 6 months! :crazy: I was mainly wondering if anybody has been to Markland lately? Hows the fishing down there? And what species are around? We did real well one day last january for sauger down there, anybody know if cats, sauger, skipjacks, or even striper are hanging around? Thanks in advance guys and gals!!!

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Max,
    Can't help you with a fishing update but have a safe trip back home and good luck if you get to go fishing...W

3. rmoran171

rmoran171 New Member

State:
    Cedar Grove In
    Sorry Max havnt been down there sice the first weekend in october. I havnt even really heard about anybody catching anything. Im sure you could hook into a big blue if ya find them and as long as theres some current.

4. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    Max...we fished close to there last weekend and had a pretty decent day. The river is getting ready to go way up though....so you may have to wait. All fish were caught on fresh cut shad IN THE CURRENT!! (Aint that right Vern???) LMAO

Peace bro...

5. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    That is kinda right Scott. Your anchor and boat was in heavy current, but down in the bottom of that 50 foot hole it is pretty calm. You guys did better than we did on Saturday though, but you would have had a hard time keeping up Friday. Vern

6. bigcatkev

bigcatkev New Member

State:
    indiana
    actually we caught fish out of the hole and then another behind the green bouy and the current was pushing hard there. Just showes you never no what those suckers are going to do. O yeah we just might keep up better than you think big boy:big_smile:

7. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    River is up pretty good, Lots of current and trash , Water is muddy:eek:oooh:

8. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    LOL....Poor Vern...no respect...lol

9. bigcatkev

bigcatkev New Member

State:
    indiana
    Vern is the man. Actually he's the one who told me to fish that area. Verns one of the best fellas i no. Thanks Vern o'llllll buddy