Ohio River and Kentucky River ???

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by kycatman01, May 19, 2008.

1. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Hey, guys!! I am thinking of doing some nightfishing this weekend. I was just wondering which place would be best in everyone's opinion. I will be bank fishing in Maysvile(Ohio River) or bank fishing at Boonesboro(Winchester, KY River). Where do you all think would be the best for a nice Cat???

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I live up the road from boonsboro . If i could fish the ohio at a dam that's what I'd do . We haven't got to much rain her so boonsboro will be fishable get as close to the dam as possible .

3. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thanks alot, Lance!! Do you mean fish close to the Lock?

4. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Sorry this info is to late ! No I was talking about the other side . Ther is a place to park just upriver from the dam . Look to the right you'll see a sub station park at the top of the hill and walk down its easier to walk down to just before the sub station then cut back torwards the dam .There may be to many cars there sometimes .I am not sure if you are supposed to park there but people do it all the time and as far as I know its ok No one has ever said anything to me about it though .Make sure not to stand up on top of the wall stand behind it you'll see what I mean . A game warden got ticked at me for doing that I was only trying to hold up my license for him to see ! There is also plenty of rocks to fish in on that side . Hope this helps in future trips for anyone who reads this .

5. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    I've heard there is some mosters in the Ohio at Maysville. The person was fishing on the down river side of the bridge in about 15' of water.

6. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Well, I went to the Ohio River this weekend. We caught a few little ones and really didn't get any big runs. I going out again this weekend and hope to do better. Does anyone have any ideas on what bait to use? Thanks alot for all the info, by the way!!!

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck fishing

8. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Shad/Jacks/Green Sunfish/or big Chubs. stink bait or liver if you want smaller eaters.