Ohio River again last night

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Slatebar, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Launched at Gallipolis about 5:00 PM. Parking lot was full of people touring the Cincinnatti Belle, a big paddle wheeler that was docked here. Headed up river and decided to do the Kanawaha. Went about 10 miles up the K and anchored. No action until about dark then the bite was on. got 4 Shovlehead,smallest was about 15 inches. largest was 37inch and other 2 were 24 and 28. A very goiod night. Was going to make an all nighter but got some chest pains and left. Have to go to Columbus today and Thursday. Will be back on river Friday. BTW, there was a lot of shad activity about dark, Schools of 100's would bust the surface , I think the Stripers were workig them pertty hard.

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    John I'm glad you caught some fish always great to hear that. Sorry to hear about the chest pains an hope all is well. Keep us informed if you will thanks,,,

3. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Looks like you had a good night fishing, I hope you get feeling better soon.

4. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Congrats John, looks like a decent trip.

5. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    nice catch

6. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    congrats on the good night man.hope those chest pains was indigestion....:wink:

7. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    good to hear you had a good time out, lets hope them chest pains are only from reeling in all them nice fish:big_smile: let us know how you are feeling to ok, hoping for the very best:wink:

8. fredrick

fredrick New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It's nice to hear someones catching fish down that way.congates!!!

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds like a good trip! Congrats...rollo