Ohio River Acess?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by plukr54, Oct 30, 2007.

1. plukr54

plukr54 New Member

State:
    indiana
    Hey All !!! I know that someone can help me on this. My son and I have been readin` your post `bout catchin` 30 channels or 45# flatties and we are droolin` all over the keyboard!!! Is there any links to boat launch areas, parks, campgrounds or ? out there. We have a 17` ----tracker,(tryin to not say the B-word) 35hp motor. That be powerful enough for the Ohio? Anyway, appreciate any input, and love the stories! Thanks in advance!

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Whereabouts are you coming from? That would help me direct you better. I think that tracker will be fine also.

3. plukr54

plukr54 New Member

State:
    indiana
    We live `bout 50 miles north of Indy. Like to be on the Indiana side?

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Gosh then I am not sure, the farthest down I have went is towards Lawrencburg, the last ramp I know of is Shawnee lookout before you get into Indiana. If you were to come closer to Cincy I know lots of ramps and spots. But I doubt you guys would come that far down. Wish I could go farther down, I know that stretch of the river is some awesome fishing. If you did decide though, there are a ton of ramps along route 50 from cincy to Lawrencburg.

5. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Dont worry it will be no time before someone gets you the info your looking for.:wink:

6. dademoss

dademoss New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Rex,

The Tracker will be fine, I use a 14ft deep V with a 9.9. Of course, I dont go out in bad weather or busy times.

I would put in at tanners creek in lawrenceburg. I'm pretty sure thats where Winston(metalman) puts in from time to time. Lots of good fishing spots in that area, the powerplant is a popular spot.

Shawnee lookout is worthless for launching anymore, the ramp is silted in and you would be hard pressed to get that tracker to the ohio. I think they list it as a canoe launch now, but I have not actually tried it this year.

7. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Rex,
    I live in Sheridan. Lawrenceburg is the closest in time and is a good place to launch and get bait. Rising Sun and Madison are ok too. You could even blast down 65 and launch in L'ville. Long way but an easy drive...W

8. Kat-addict

Kat-addict New Member

State:
    ohio
    If I were gonna drive very far ,I sure wouldn't be going east !! Leavenworth indiana would be my choice...straight south to the "big bend" area west of Louisville. If your lookin for blue's I would try and get at least below Markland Dam. From there downstream should have some good blue fishin. Good luck...Randy

9. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
    I agree with Kat-addict.Leavenworth Indiana boat ramp is only about7 or 8mi. off the interstate.That is where I caught the Cat in my avitar...

10. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    i dont know about the ohio river but i know there have been alot of nice flatties caught here on the muskingum river.....but im sure there are lots of boat ramps in marrietta ohio

11. plukr54

plukr54 New Member

State:
    indiana
    Thanks for all the info brothers! We are sure going to try to get down there before long. As soon as my MAGIC BAIT gets here!
    Had to throw that in! Thanks again!