Ohio River Aberdeen, OH 10-29-07

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Delisleba, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Delisleba

Delisleba New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Went fishing yesterday from about 1800 till 2000 gets dark early, come on DST. Had a dozen night crawlers but when i got to the river there was about 20 shad on the bank that were still good. (they were not stiff yet) So i used them. hooked a fish that got snagged on the way in, lost him. back out in ten min. hooked a little channel cat, landed him. back out and in 30 min hooked another one. The last one I landed was covered in mud, the river is down. So I walked this one up the river to a spot with a more solid bank that was closed to the water. I was just about to pull him up when the hook came out. He was in about 2 inches of water but the bank was so soft i could not get to him before he swam away. Damm these low water levels. My buddy says i need a 2X10 about 12 feet long straped on the car so i can go get them fish. He might be rigth. All in all a good time was had. My catch rate for that trip was 33%. Not bad but I try to keep my catch rate above 50%

2. rustyhook36

rustyhook36 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Were you fishing the power plant discharge?

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yup all you gotta do is keep tryin...I love fishing Aberdeen in the winter time.

4. Delisleba

Delisleba New Member

State:
    Ohio
    No I was at the water treatment plant.