ohio river 9-5-09 & 9-7-09

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by fishmonster13, Sep 7, 2009.

1. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    went out Friday with my eldest stepdaughter went down river and caught some shad and set up in a spot where my stepduaghter caught an 8lb channel her first catfish ever and then we started to reel in the lines and she pulled in a gar on a live shad ,didn't actually hook him he just was clamped down on that shad hard until i lifted him up out the water. tries a cuople more spots down river and just got nothing after that except a dead battery:sad2: and cathunter24 and jbrooks came to the rescue (big thanks) and loaned me a battery to get back to the dock and that ended saturday night a little early

went out monday afternoon with catfishassasin(his first time out on a boat ) and he caught an 8lb channel and a little later cuaght a pretty decent sized stripper and hit a couple other spots and nothing else after that. i seem to do a lot better on friday nights then any other nights

2. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Your Monday went a lot better than mine, bud. Apparently I've been fishing on someone's property for 2 years and they've finally told me, "Hey! You're on private property!". That pretty much killed the trip. Kind of a shame too, the GMR actually has a current again!

At least ya guys got into some fish :tounge_out:

3. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    yeah mill had pretty good flow coming out of it , I went upthere first cause of the weather not looking to good west of me , it was all muddy and just tons of crap floating everwhere. hopefully we'll get some rain during the week and get the river flowing good again and get some of the junk washed away as well before the weekend

4. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    went out monday afternoon with catfishassasin(his first time out on a boat ) and he caught an 8lb channel and a little later cuaght a pretty decent sized stripper //// GOT HIM AWAY FROM THE coons hu:cool2:

5. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Hope the river will rise and we will get some current. I wont be home to fish it, but that way some of the other guys can get on some fish. I like drifting but right now the bite has been off and been in a funk. Maybe if the river gets up around 30 ft or better again it will get things back on the right path. :confused2: