Ohio River 9.20.09

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by fishdealer04, Sep 20, 2009.

1. fishdealer04

fishdealer04 Member

State:
    Cincinnati
    Well I hit the river today with my partner Mark (Salmonid)

We launched out of Tanners Creek today to pre-fish for the tournament next Saturday there.

We got the "Bottom Dweller" in the water around 5:30 AM and fished until about 3.

Got some shad right there in the creek and then moved up to catch some skipjack. Caught 4 8 inchers or so but nothing big today.

It started to rain around 8:30 and pretty much rained all day....it was enough to be annoying and we got pretty soaked and a lot of water in the boat hahaha.

We managed 14 fish today (2 small flatheads, 4 blues, and 8 channel cats) We missed a couple fish, but had a good time. All but 2 of the fish were caught in new spots so that was nice. Biggest fish of the day was Mark's 12.5 pound blue which was a wierd hit. 2 very faint taps so we were watching the rod, and then it was pulled down so fast that the tip was in the water and drag was coming off the reel!!! Pretty sweet hit.

All in all a good day and it was nice to be out. Hopefully the fish will bite next weekend for us.

Attached Files:

2. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    congrats on the fish and good luck in the tourny

3. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    I was thinking about fishing the tourney, If i stay within the indiana ky. waters can i use 3 poles?

4. fishdealer04

fishdealer04 Member

State:
    Cincinnati
    Only 2 poles per person. It is probably going to change next year though. It will be a nice tourney, lots of give away prizes and what not.

5. Golden

Golden New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    yep rising sun rules are fish with the license you have. so if you have ky license you can use 1000000000 poles lol:smile2: but most only use 2 to 3 poles. Me and Niko came in 3rd in one of rising suns tournaments.

6. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    depends on the state law in indy i guess. rules say 2 rods max for 1 angler but i'm assuming they're going by ohio state law there, or get someone in the boat with ya, i'd be willing:big_smile::big_smile:

7. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I believe it's up to the tournament director(s) to decide on which laws they'll enforce. Whether it's Kentucky or Indiana laws.

8. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Correct, our events ( SWOCC) are limited to 2 rods per person, 4 max on the boat. Asstated, next year we are changing that but for the last 3 events ( Tanners Creek, CJ and the Public Landing in Cinci) we are sticking to the 2 rod limit.

If you guys have any questions, please let me know

Yeah, the rain was a steady 4 hr deal, never stopped!:eek:oooh: My underwear is still wet.....:crazy:

Salmonid

9. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds like a decent day.....sure beats a skunk

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just for the record, I think that is a bad idea! Opening it up for more rod and reels just open things up for more possible abuse. I think you need to toss that one around before changing it for sure.