ohio river 8-15-09

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by fishmonster13, Aug 16, 2009.

1. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    got out on the river(cincinnati area) for the first time in a month and a half . the new boat runs nice, had no problems with it. went out of riverside at about 5:30 and headed up to mill creek ,caught plenty of shad in just few few casts of the net and headed up to the mouth of the licking and fished there for about an hour had one bite, so moved further up past the big mac and sat there for an hour and a half caught a few zzzzz"s there had another bite , so moved back down river just past mill creek and fished ther for another hour had one bite there as well but did manage to catch a few more zz"s . tried to pick up the ancor to move on to another spot and it was haveing none of that , tried everything to retrieve it , just wouldn't budge so now thats two ancors i've lost this year. after that i headed in skunked but well rested and happy i had no problems with the boat i just redid

2. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Tough day yesterday, bite was off, our tourney at New richmond didnt bring many fish in. Your not alone..:wink:

Salmonid

3. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Next time you get a stuck anchor pull in as much line as you can. Then it off to a cleat and motor above it. You might have to give it a little gas but that will almost always pull it free.

4. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    I tried motoring up front of it that usually will get them unstuck but not this time it actualy started to pull the bow down this time so I figured it was stuck so I cut it .hopefully the catching will get better from here on out

5. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    sorry to hear bout the ohio i not seen not produce fish even in new richomnd when i lived there always caught a cat in new richmond--did any of yall try eight mile channel

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Matt it's been tough all over.

7. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I got skunked on the Ohio that night for the first time in months. I had one fish one and it came off quickly, had about 4 pull on the pole but never got hooked. It was one of those nights.

8. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    I just got back from the Ohio. After not doing so great on Sat night, I decided to stay the day and fish Sun night as well.

The Sun night fishing was no better than Sat. Had a couple of real nice runs, but it seemed that they would just drop it and never come back. It happened on fresh chilled cut, and live skips.

Not that it can really be considered bad, but during the day Sun was the best by far. Nothing huge, but landed a couple of #7, a #10, a #5 Blue, and a couple of 4-#4.5 Channels. All of this was in a stretch from about 1pm to 3pm. The hottest damn part of the day. And let me tell you...IT WAS HOT.:big_smile:

Oh, and on Sat night I did catch my first striper. On shad, off bottom...5lber.