ohio river 6/27-28

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by kyleco55, Jun 28, 2009.

1. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    went down to louisville lastnight with skippi2use.. spent an hour trying to catch skipjack with no luck, went into a cove to look for some shad and came out with about 15 nice ones for bait. got to our first spot around 10pm, no luck there. bait tank decided to not work on our team, the pump went out. no more live shad. hit 2 more spots and finally landed a few small blues between 3-4 am. you could tell they had just come off the nest, they were beat up pretty bad. and the smell of those 2 fish.. wow... im guessing they couldve laid in a hot dumpster for a week, and came out smelling better than these did:eek:oooh:

oh well, we still had a good time.. next election, im voting on moving the ohio river closer to home though.. im beat.. :wink::smile2:

Attached Files:

2. Jadkins

Jadkins New Member

State:
    Connersville, I
    Kyle So why was you having problems drifting ?????? O heres the best 1 How many fish did you miss i got a feeling it was alot lil yanker LOL :tounge_out: i do mis alot of fish on the lakes but when it comes to the ohio i try not to be mising anything....... O well you had a good time... watching tv on your phone....... O are you arm sore from pullling the anchor all 4 times.....(hell on a good nite i pull it aleast 10 to 15) (Aka last trip to Markland Dam )

Well have fun

3. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    :smile2::smile2: no i only missed 2 decent runs, and those were both on kahles. the fish that WERE caught, got hooked right in the corner of the mouth, by, you guessed it.. circles:wink:

it was kinda nice sitting out there in the quite, well besides the snoring i heard, and yes i did ENJOY watching a movie on my phone... and part of letterman, and about an hour n half worth of radio on the phone, and about 15 minutes of guitar hero world tour.. what would a guy do without a cellphone these days??:smile2::smile2:

oh yeah, not to mention it was our only working camera also.. :cool2:

4. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I told you I was going to tell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant say much all I wanted to do was sleep. All night friday and all night saturday with a total of 1 1/2 hours of sleep, and 12hours of driving caught up to me. I need my wife and kids to come home so I can get some rest. Have kept myself out fishing way to much in the last 3 days. Kahles ARE NOT THE problem though kyle. Besides every time I went to sleep you woke me up with the dang TV and missing fish which I am QUITE SURE was WAY MORE THAN 2! LOL

5. Jadkins

Jadkins New Member

State:
    Connersville, I
    Well all i got to say is leave the cell phone for phone calls and inportain stuff like wifes that are ready to pop....and spend the time fishing....Shane should be glad i didnt go cause he would have not got much sleep.....i dont like setting around.....:tounge_out:
    Well you all had fun thats what matters.....

Shane when do you think you will be ready to go...

6. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
  7. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    gonna stay awake?? :smile2:

its alright.. you had a long weekend.. im going to try to get over there to the channel lake soon.. freezer is empty..

thanks again for inviting me shane..

8. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    hahahahahaha... this whole thread is funny...:smile2::smile2:

9. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well Kyle my freezer isnt empty IT IS FULL!!!!!! With pretty white kitty cat filets, yummy. All going to the fish fry on SATURDAY. If you want I will put you a bag away when I go again.

10. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sorry Kyle looks like I lied my wife has some laid out now. Getting ready to give them a grease bath RIGHT NOW. GOOD DAY

11. kyleco55

State:
    Central In
    yeah yeah yeah... its ok ill get over there eentually.. so i take it you did good the other night?? awesome..

12. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    about 50. Man those fish where good Kyle. Fried pickles and a salad out of the garden cant really get much of that in the city.