Ohio River 6-13

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by beetle, Jun 14, 2009.

1. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I put in at Tanners Creek about 7:30pm and fished all night and never even got a bite. I could not believe how much crap was coming down the river. At one point a large what looked to be part of a deck got hung up in my anchor rope because it was full of nails and screws. I was in no danger with the toon but it took a while to get it loose. I spent most of the night dodging crap. I was surprised with all the rain that the currant was not faster and was hoping all the debris would have been washed down river by now but I guess not. There's always next time...It was fun to finally get down to the river even though I caught nothing. I hope some one else had better luck.

2. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    ive had alot of nights like that but i still have a great time whether i catch anything or not

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yeah man fishin is tough right now. we went out today for a while for a daytime trip and only caught a 15lb flathead and a smaller channel......Gonna give it another shot tommorow night. Tanner's must be bad luck, last time I put in there my boat took a huge floating log jam to the anchor rope, luckily we escaped unscaved...Glad you made it out safe, better luck next time...:wink:

4. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Sounds like a rough night there. Sure hate when crap keeps floating down on ya. A good night of fishing is better then a bad night at home for sure. Wish you luck on the next trip. I'm sure it will improve.

5. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Definetley a rough night... It will get better eventially.. rollo