Ohio river 5-9-09

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by stangcrazy85, May 10, 2009.

1. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    went to the ol' hiah river last night got there about 8 had all the great baits goldfish green sunfish warmouth chubs golden shiners gills you name it had like 6 good runs with no results then we a serious issue that i hope some of you can help me with. Fox my buddy tied into a hog leg good run on 2 big bait fish kiler hook set doubled the 10' rod had him on for at least 25 30 sec. couldnt turn him what soever then snapped the line he was using new power pro 100lb. test what gives!! talk about a upset catter man, he did manage to land a 10 lber and i managed to land a 8lber other than that not much will be heading back next friday for another all nighter oh we were there from 8pm to 4 am any input comments or questions would be nice Toby

Attached Files:

2. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I to have hooked into a nice one down there, same circumstance same results. I do know that was the strongest thing I have ever felt on the other end of a fishing pole. I now realized I should have untied the boat and let it pull me around to wear it out. But hindsight is 20/20

3. REBELYELL1861

REBELYELL1861 New Member

State:
    TX
    BIG GAR MABY

OR HUGE TURTLE WHO KNOWS

ITS HAPPEND TO ME BEFOR E

I REMEMBER ONE TIME I WAS FISHING AND MY POLE FLEW INTO THE WATER. I DOVE IN AND GRABBED IT. MY LINE WAS SHOOTING OFF VERY FAST. THEN I REALIZES I HAD A BOAT ON THE OTHER END

4. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    turtle i doubt it was running to fast mabey a gar but not a boat although we did have a beaver or mabey it was a otter hit one of lines as it swam past thanks though great story on hooking the boat LOL

5. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    Im not a fan of the power pro....Ive snapped 80lb test on a hook set...Not the fight, the hook set..... ill Never buy the stuff again...

6. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    yeah man i feel ya but this was broke during the fight sucks dosent it though

7. adamj

adamj New Member

State:
    buckeye land
    This kind of thing drives us all nuts! It's also the reason we keep going back. Its hard to say what happend. Good luck and go get that biggun

8. steve-o

steve-o New Member

State:
    ohio
    Got three words for you: STREN SUPER BRAID!!!

9. Catfish-fever

Catfish-fever New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would say fishing an area that has toothy fish is an occasion to use a steel leader. But I don't like using them because the cats mouths are so soft.

10. rainman442000

rainman442000 New Member

State:
    ohio
    same thing happend to me you couldnot give me the stuff:angry: