Ohio River 4/12-Steubenville Area

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by cheezemm2, Apr 14, 2008.

1. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    A buddy of mine brought his bassboat down instead (Thank God) of a kayak trip. The river was rippin and the wind was horrible. I would've only been able to fish tribs and creek mouths without seriously risking things. We had a host of problems with the big boat anyways!

1) Big Engine was dying...not good
    2) Trolling Motor got stuck in down position (not able to trailer boat) so we had to do some Macgyver (spell?) type stuff to get that fixed
    3) Spent 45 minutes trying to free an anchor, finally got it, but ended up bending one of the flukes

Total lost time due to technical issues: 2 hours!

Fishing wasn't a total loss....some fish were feeding actively while others were still in the winter, "tap, tap, tap, tap" mode. Picked up two flatheads one being b/t 5-7, the other in the mid-teens. Picked up about 12 channel cats (some squealers and others in the 7-9lbs range) Ok trip, but the water and weather need to cooperate a little more.

Weight: 2-3oz
    Baits used: Fresh cut chubs, frozen shad, and cut frozen carp
    No hits on the carp whatsoever, only interested in chubs and shad!

2. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Congrats on the flattie. I still tryin to get my first one of the season. Hopefully it will be today im headed out for awhile.

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    goodluck to you josh. im gonna head out tomorrow again possibly.. good job jim, looks like you guys had some fun....rollo

4. catfishbrett

catfishbrett New Member

State:
    Steubenville,Ohio
    Been fishing the mingo area,nothing of any size yet about to catch a couple dozen chubs and give the big ones a try.