Ohio River 12/5

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by tbull, Dec 5, 2009.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Well I went out with Fishmonster13 today, after considering some time off, I decided there is nothing wrong with atleast riding shotgun for the first time in forever...lol...Fishing is still flat out bad in the Cincinnati area, but we did manage 3 fish. 2 blues and a channel. Have pics of the 2 blues, the bigger one was close to 25lbs, the other in the low teens. We did manage a nice 12lb channel I wish I would have snapped a pic of but didn't. Was nice just to have to pull the anchor for once, no captain duties for me. Matt did a nice job of putting us on some fish.

Water temp was right about 48 degrees, fish are still fairly scattered. Saw more fish in the deeper holes than last week, but not many active ones. Went from hole to hole looking for active fish. Most seemed to be sitting on ledges and holding tight to structure. Hopefully the winter pattern will kick in soon, if this weather stays cold it should be getting good shortly. Thanks for taking me out Matt, 3 fish is better than whats been the pattern latley...lol:wink:

Attached Files:

2. Fishinfreak

Fishinfreak Member

State:
    North Bend,Ohio
    Looks like river is starting to to cool and some fish are being caught.Good job out there guys.Had a buddy that was out today and said they caught 5 total.

3. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Randy and I wound up with only 2 fish for the day. One channel around 5lbs and a blue around 10 right before we left for the day. Even those 2 bites were lil pidly dik bites to. Like a freakin gar was tearin at it or somethin. Realed down on them and they were there. We would have never gottem if it werent for those circles i tell ya!! :tounge_out: That comment was for the lil boc coon hunter river king. Just kiddin anyways. I would post pics but I would be embarrased after the 2 goons posted there pics.:smile2: aahh come on fishmonster, we met once on the water man I can call ya a goon. If you went fishin with the character you fished with today you def. got some issues. Anyways, by the way travis i dont think the guys at the ramp could have found those team catfish grips, it took me 5 minutes!! anyways, happy fishin fellas!

4. Catfish_Rob

Catfish_Rob New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    I was out there today too. The fish seem to be moving to deeper water. I only caught one channel today at a depth of about 40+ feet. At least is was sunny. I didn't need to wear my gloves and hat today.

5. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    yup,seems to be getting better hopefully in a week with these cold temps the winter blues will be on!!! and tbull it was nice having someone on the boat that really knows the river better than i do. not a bad day would have been willing to give it a little more if my heater would have been working right as i was ready to go about the time you caught that last fish. all i n all it was a better day than i've had in about month had four on and three in the boat.

6. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    You gotta bass boat??? Just curious, we saw a couple guys fishin out of a nice bass boat. didnt know if it was you or not. If it wasnt you what kinda boatcha got. May see ya on the water sometime.

7. Steph

Steph New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    congrats on the fish.. at least you caught something.. me and Curt didn't get anything today :sad2:

8. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Steph. Where did you two fish??? He said he might do a lil fishin. U two go skippie fishin??

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  9. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    :smile2:

Steph, If you are just looking to catch something, I still have Rollo's phone number. :smile2:

10. Steph

Steph New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi

we initially wanted to try to get some, but.. got none haha.. and we went from tanners to a bunch of diff spots

11. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Skippies are a quick way to drive yourself nuts...Anyone ever figures out just where the heck those things dissapear to will be a millionare..

12. Catfish_Rob

Catfish_Rob New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    Definitely hard to find. I have caught one all year. haha

13. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    why you guys all bundled up in the pics y'all need some more meat on those little bones LOL nice whisker fish though

14. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    nice fish though.good job on boating a couple.