Ohio river 12-23-09

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Kat-addict, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Kat-addict

Kat-addict New Member

State:
    ohio
    Made it out on the water today and after a bit of a sluggish start the day turned out to be pretty good. Hit the water around 10 or so and after getting set up, started pounding the fish pretty good. The kind of day that keeps ya coming back for more. Here are a couple pics of the 2 bigger fish. The big one weighed in at 36 and I didn't weigh the smaller one but he was somewhere in the low 20's. The day was filled with smaller channels and a few smaller blues ranging from 2 to 11 pounds or so. More than 10 fish total. Kinda lost track.

Current is slowing down to a point where it is getting hard to anchor fish. The wind played havoc with the boat in some of the spots I was at. All I'm gonna say as far as where I was at is that I put in in the meldahl pool and to be honest the fish seemed to be "on" everywhere I stopped. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get the pics on here !

Attached Files:

2. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Way to go Randy. congrats and thanks for the report and pics

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Good job Randy, glad you caught some fish..

4. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    nice, can't wait to get back out myself, really seams like the winter bite is coming on:big_smile:

5. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Congrats on the catches, can't wait to get back out on the water.

6. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    Good job on the fish Randy as you know I like that area during the winter months you get them on Shad or Skipjacks................Doc

7. Kat-addict

Kat-addict New Member

State:
    ohio
    The big ones came on shad Doc ! By the way....thanks for showing me the ropes. You put us on the right track a few years ago and we have came a long way with our fishing since then. We / I slowly put new patterns and spots together as time goes along.Still have lots to learn....Take care Doc !

8. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    It's awesome seeing those that I have given on the water schooling out pounding the bigger fish, glad I was involved.................Doc

9. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Congrats on the great day on the water and thanks for the picks! I havent been catching anything from the Couch latley!:big_smile:

10. Catfish_Rob

Catfish_Rob New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    Right on. Congrats on the good day out.

11. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Congrats on your catch Randy. It's always nice to get out on the water. Glad to hear you had a fine day out there...

12. GMRcatman

GMRcatman Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am jealous! Ross and I were bank bound yesterday and could only manage a dink channel. Nice going!

13. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Randy, looks like you had a great day. Nice fish congrats

14. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    way to go randy glad you got into some fish.