ohio river 12-19-09

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by fishmonster13, Dec 19, 2009.

1. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    went out today with cathunter24 out of tanners messed around tanners for awhile trying to find bait got one shad by the mouth so we headed up the GMR back to the lake by the campsite , had to break through some ice to get there and found a whole bunch of shad. headed up river and tried three different deep holes with no luck so we moved over to the icebreakers and i caught a 19lb blue and then reeled in a channel and lost one half way to the boat, these all came out of about 35-40 ft of water. so then we moved on down river to a deep hole down by aurora and i picked up a new PB a 29lb blue that actually gave a heck of fight i thought he was goona be bigger than he was took a while to bring him and had some bankfisherman watching me reel him in. had all kinds of little bites at this last hole , had another fish on but lost him halfway to the boat as well.

Attached Files:

2. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Sweeeeeeeeeet!! So you got all fish on shad huh. Once again shows the shad arent in the warmest water but the coldest.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009

3. nateD

nateD New Member

State:
    IN
    good catch guys. we were out there today also. caught a few small ones and thats it. good to hear some one was catchin' nice ones

4. GMRcatman

GMRcatman Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice fish! Those bank guys were myself and two of my buddies. We thought it might have been bigger also just from watching the fight. Wish we had the boat out today, only managed one decent channel.

5. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Congrads on breaking the PB and getting out.

6. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    yeah it was nice to get out and actually catch more than one little fish , can' wait to get out again now . finally broke that new rod i had in , caught the 29lb er on it, i had that rod and reel for about a month and hadn't caught anything on it:eek:oooh:. i was surprised to see the parking lot/ramp was clear so we had no trouble putting in or pulling out just nasty as he!! getting to there as 275 was a mess didn't even look like a plow had touched it.

7. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Congrats matt sounds like you guys had an awesome time out on the water!

8. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Good job guys. Nice fish there! :big_smile:

9. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    ha, yep i was there with dave from the bank watching you reel it in, looked like he fought good man! i could tell you had a nice one even from the bank :big_smile:

10. Fishinfreak

Fishinfreak Member

State:
    North Bend,Ohio
    good job on a catching a few fish.

11. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Great report guys! And Congrats on the catches !!!:big_smile: rollo