Ohio river 12-19-09

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by skippi2use, Dec 15, 2009.

1. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Any body want to get together this saturday and do some fishing on the ohio out of tanners. My boat is about ready to go back on the water. I have a friend I must take as he has helped me tremendously with my boat and worked on it even when I didnt want to. If any one wants to meat us down there saturday try to let me know. I have been doing terrable the few times I have been down and have to try to turn things around. If we can get 3 or 4 boats down there we can fish for 2 dollars a boat. enough to by someone a lunch.

2. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    I may be out Saturday or Sunday, I will let you know. Would be nice to finally meet you guys. Glad to hear the boat is finished and you are gonna be back out on the water. :big_smile:

3. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    hoping mine will be back up as well, it's been way too long, 14 days is way to long:eek:oooh: if it is and i don't work saturday i'll launch from tanners as well

4. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    good luck to all who go and stick a pig!

5. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    There is a difference, not techniqly finished, just finished with what I am doing now. May see you down there then.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  6. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Good luck guys, If I knew my ( new to me) boat was completely trustworthy, Id probably make a try at it but with highs in the high 20's, Im skipping this weekend. No time to be out on the boat for the 1st time. Good luck conditions should be pretty good from what the water forecast looks like.

Salmonid

7. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Actually if I get to go looks like I will have 2 open seats. Thing is I would like to start about 6ish since I will have to be off of the water by 12:30. Now she tells me I may not have to be home by 2PM. Wife just can't make up her mind. Either way I will have 2 open seats.

8. Fishinfreak

Fishinfreak Member

State:
    North Bend,Ohio
    Shane don`t forget your snow shovel. It sucks pulling a boat in snow.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  9. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Snow shovel and salts generally takes care of the problem. As long as we dont get a ton. I will only have to haul it from harrison as it is still at Steves.

10. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    skippie i've got the tow straps and sand:smile2: if you bring the salt

11. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Its in the trail blazer. I have to run down to harrison and get my boat and put on my depth finder, then I will be down.

12. catinaldatime

catinaldatime New Member

State:
    Girard, IL
    im going fishing today in my state,everyone said Its TOO COLD,lol not in my eyes,u know what i tell them,I BET I CATCH A FISH.we fish power plants,i love this weather for fishing,i hope you Ohio guys catch something good today,ill report what i catch.im glad to see some die hard fisherman that will get out in this cold and give her a try,good luck bros.

13. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Im not hard core, I put the top up, sides on, and crank up the heater. 60Deg. inside.

14. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Was I the only one there or did I get there way 2 late. I didnt get down till 8:30 or so. Couldnt beleive that the parking lot was clean. I caught fish for the first time in 3 or 4 trips. No big fish. I lost 2 nice fish as I had no net or net man. I had to bolt at 12:30, when a 14'*3' log slammed into the front of the boat, made it real easy to leave on time.

15. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    We put in just after 8, must have just missed ya. Wondered if you were gonna be out. We saw like 2 other trailers in the parking lot.

16. nateD

nateD New Member

State:
    IN
    hey you must be the one that gave me the skips at the ramp on your way out of the water. man its a small world. thanks again for the skips. nice to meet ya!

17. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 New Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    i was wondering where you were at . as we didn't see your van or trailer in the parking lot. sounds like decent day of fishing :big_smile:

18. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Down here now biting. very finnicky so far. been here for about a half hour

19. nateD

nateD New Member

State:
    IN
    good luck. hope the river is better than yesterday. i know the weather is alot better. no rain!

20. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Sorry man, also I didnt drive the van as it is out of commision for now. Ive got some work to do on it. Momma made me shovel before I left. Got to steves and my jack on the boat broke. Just a ton of little things that went wrong and slowed me up. Fish bit well saturday for me, NOT SO MUCH on sunday, only 2 small channels and had to work really hard for those.

Yesterday, 09:18 AM

nateD
    Apprentice
    nathan
    hey you must be the one that gave me the skips at the ramp on your way out of the water. man its a small world. thanks again for the skips. nice to meet ya!
    Nice to meet you also, how did you guys do saturday?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009