Ohio river 12-17-09

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Catfish_Rob, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Catfish_Rob

Catfish_Rob New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    So I went out last night to fish my spot on the ohio. This time I had some friends with me. We fished everything from shad to beef to other things. I had a few runs on the manager special steak from kroger I caught for a buck fifty. I am thinking since the river was still up a bit I couldn't get the bait far enough out into the hole I was fishing earlier. So I caught zero fish. It is only the first time I got skunked at the spot. At least it was a nice night out with a fire and it has a decent view of the city. Oh well.... I will get back out there and catch a few next time to make up for this trip.

Catfish_Rob

2. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    everyone has no fish nights...like you said you got to hang out on a bank with a fire and some friends while wetting a line. Nothing better imo except landing the big one :smile2::big_smile:

3. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Sorry to hear you got skunked Rob. It's happened to all of us at some point. But I agree with Curtis; " You got to hang out on a bank with a fire and some friends while wetting a line."

4. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    Last night I was out I got skunked and also tore out my lower unit and froze my butt off. It could always be worse.