Ohio River 11-11-07

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by fishassasin, Nov 11, 2007.

1. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    went out on the ohio river for a lil while with biga as my guide. he put us on some nice flatties this evening. we had a few get off and 2 broke my line. he lost a very good one about half way in to the boat. we were having 2 or 3 poles going at once .. it was awesome .. we ended up with 4 decent size flatties and 2 smaller channels ...oh yeah i hooked up with about a 20 or so lb drum. man i thought it was gonna be a nice cat. we both chuckled at the site of it. we were only on the water a total of 2hrs prolly ... that includes motoring and all ...if we would have had lights we might have stayed longer ...plus the bellies were growling. what surprised me was not one blue was caught. but the flatties loved the cut shad we had.

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i had a great time!!! thanks for going with me!!

3. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Adam,

How's the fishing during Christmas time in E-ville?

4. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Sounds like you both had a good time. That cool the flats are still biting like that.

5. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    dont know about fishing around christmas time .... this is the latest ive ever fished in the year .... but ill let ya know this year if the ice holds off that long . And Adam ..we gonna have to do it again next sunday hopefully. those fish made me another gallon of fillets ..only took me 15 minutes to fillet them out. thanks to your electric filet knife ...

6. Steve Douglas

Steve Douglas Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Kentucky
    well if your going to eat some catfish , you did in my opinion clean the rite kind. flat head are extremly good to eat. great job on the flat heads werethey shallow feeding or deeper?

7. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    id say they were in about 20ft of water. ..could have been deeper ...didnt have a depth finder just had to judge how long it took ur sinker to hit the bottom. and sometimes judge the distance u cast it and the angle it sits once u hit the bottom... i judge somewhere around 20ft. could be off by a few feet tho.

8. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    if your gooing to be in town during chriswtmas let me know and we will give it a try..