Ohio River 10-29-09

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Flootie16, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Alright this is more of an Indiana post but Im putting it here since the two people I fished with were from Ohio and heck we were near the state line anyways. So after talking with Jbrooks and steph we all decided to go out on 10-29 when james would get off work. And since we wouldnt have much time to fish it was my job to get bait for the day while waiting for them. So we planned on fishing out of tanners creek there in Lawrenceburg and hopefully get on some nice fish. And hopefully get a few new PBs for the two. Well while I was getting bait i threw out a couple of rods and got into some good channels and also landed a 15 pound blue and 25 pound flattie. So I was like alright tonight will be a good night. Well the river was still on a slow rise at that point. So I met up with James and Steph around 8 and we set out to start drifting. Well the river had crested and was starting to fall. The current was rather strong so our drift was real fast and I just didnt feel like killing ourselves so we decided to anchor up. So we anchored up in one of my better holes and had one good solid run which Steph failed to hook up with. So after a few other failed spots we took up another anchor where the fish were hitting but just wouldnt commit. Finally steph had a great run on my abu 10000. The clicker was zinging pretty good which it takes a lot of pressure to actually make that clicker even go off. So Steph gets ready to set the hook and no one home. So we bring the bait in and the shad was scaled all to pieces. So I put another one out there. Not even five minutes go by and and the clicker takes off again. Steph loads up and......BAM nothing. So we do it again. While Im baiting the rod James has a good run and hooks up with about a 12-15 pound blue. And while we are taking a picture of this fish another one of his rods takes off and he hooked up with a channel about 5-7 pounds. So we finally get stephs rod back out there and low and behold it takes off a few minutes later again. Steph trys to hook it and low and behold she missed again. Then it was near 3 oclock and since James had to be at work in a few hours we called it a night. Even tho we didnt catch hardly any fish it was still one of my funnest nights out on the river. I think I found a new steersman for the boat as I let Steph drive and she did a good job once she got over freaking out. And I even let her put the boat on the trailer. And I have a deep V and those can be hard. And she nailed it second try. She actually did it well enough that my ole man griped at me when I got home asking why I cant ever put the boat on that straight. So for now on she gets to put the boat on the trailer. It was a rather warm night with water temps around 57 degrees. The river was on a fall which turned the fish off. I had a great time. Lots of good laughs and picking on the green one. James is a good fisherman and really knows his stuff. And Steph.....well shes a work in progress. But I think after a few trips out I can get her to be a damn good fisherwoman. And next time she will get a new pb. For I will pay more attention to what the river is doing and plan ahead of time. But a lot of good laughs and humor took place. Definately a fun night. Didnt take many pictures but heres a few of the james's blue. The one of james looking back is when his other rod took off.

Attached Files:

• 029.jpg
      029.jpg
      File size:
      20 KB
      Views:
    • 030.jpg
      030.jpg
      File size:
      12.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  2. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Heres a few pics of Steph holding the blue. And one of steph trying to pick the blue up as he was flopping and she was scared of it. And because of the angle of the picture it gave us a nice laugh. And I cant figure out how her pants are so wetand how she got muddy....It not like she had to wade through water.......And if you look at Jims pics you will see his pants are soaked from when he sat next to the bait tank while steph was driving and he got drenched :smile2: And if you llok closely at stephanies two pictures of her holding it you will see how the fish slimed her quit badly on her chest. and if you look right next to her lip on her right sight you will see a glisten. Thats because I wiped the slime all over her face to break the greenhorn in :smile2:

Attached Files:

• 033.jpg
      033.jpg
      File size:
      14.2 KB
      Views:
    • 034.jpg
      034.jpg
      File size:
      20.1 KB
      Views:
    • 032.jpg
      032.jpg
      File size:
      20.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2009

3. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    and the third pic i think i saw a crumb on the floor LOL good one

4. Steph

Steph New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    lmao... thanks for that Steve and why does my lip look purple or something.... I DON'T GOT A COLD SORE OR NOTHING.. .WTF... :angry:hahaha

5. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    haha steph. i didnt even notice that. thats between you and your past on that one lol. i just posted the pictures and told the story as i saw it. your cold sores are your business. :smile2: i cant wait to hear what james has to say about the night. and im surprised all you could comment in on was your looks...wtf! we were fishing...it wasnt a beauty contest! :angry:

6. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Definitely a good night. Let's just say I was an hour late to work, and didn't do a single thing all day - I'm still moving like a zombie! :smile2:

The river didn't really cooperate with us, but we definitely made it work out. Tried quite a few techniques, and it seemed ole' fashion anchoring did the trick. Of course we only boated two, but I'll say we should have had 3 fish other fish in the boat throughout the night :)smile2:coughStephcough:smile2:). It's been awhile since I've heard a clicker scream and someone jump away from the rod instead of towards it! :smile2:

Steve definitely knows how put you on a fish, and definitely knows that stretch of really really well. My only complaint is my forearms are sore from that legendary anchor snag we had to pull up out of the water. :big_smile:

Thanks a million for taking us out, we'll definitely do it again sometime. Next time we'll make sure the river is cooperating so we hopefully have some heavy pictures to post.

That last picture is definitely some photography! I think Steve should put that on his banner to advertise Monster Rod Holders! :smile2::smile2:

7. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    haha james your right ive never seen someone jump away from a pole so fast in my life! ive jumped before but its normally to the rod. lol. I dont like useing that rod with the clicker on because it takes a lot of fish to be able to get that clicker to scream. normally the rod will just start bowing before the clicker takes off. so that had to of been something nice. but im not worried, we will turn her into an angler yet...IF she can stay off of that phone while we fish! I honestly think we shouldve sat longer in that first spot we were anchored in. Next time we will sit there again and probably sit longer. ive been second guessing myself on that one all day. And next time im strictly going to make an anchor game plan. and if the river happens to cooperate ill adjust to drift. and dont feel bad about being a zombie. i didnt get to bed til after 5 and got up around 8 and have been painting off and on all day.....I bet you that you know who didnt climb out of bed before two

8. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    :eek:oooh:

9. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Kip...I think its best we leave this one alone....LOL :smile2:

10. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Steve did you get the date posted wrong?LOL:big_smile: I did the same thing but I only by a week:smile2: Looks like all had a great time.

11. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    yeah steve, why are you telling us about fishing from a year ago? kinda makes you look stupid dont you think? good night for james it sounds like.. steph.. well nevermind:smile2:

she fishes like you do. rod bent over to the water, fiberglass cracking where its about to rip the monster off the side, and still no hookup. how many times did you do that in one day?? :smile2::eek:oooh:

12. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    what are you talking about fishing a year ago??? my date is right...lol. and yeah she did basically let the fish eat the bait and have time to digest it and get rid of the leftovers before she even decided to set the hook. on a few occassions. i guess when ur all scared and about to cry that you might actually catch a fish that stuff happens

13. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    And Steve, it did say 10 - 29 - 08. Just sayin'. :smile2::smile2:

14. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I dont know what your talking about.....it says 09 to me! so what if i had it changed! lol anyways enough about me....back to bashing stephanie! shes the one who missed every fish in the river not me

15. Steph

Steph New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi

jerk. i didnt miss them all either :angry: and me and james say use a j hook for flats instead of circles.... maybe i woulda got it then huh?

16. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Listen to her using fishing terms now! :smile2:

17. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I did try to help u set the hook on the one and missed it with u. So ill give you that. And james and i had a conversation about you all useing J hooks and u not being used to circles.....So we decided that next time you are out that you will get J hooks and after you get the feel you can try the circles again. But im still a believer in the circles can be set and work just as well. but hopefully next time with the J hook you will catch every fish that runs. You were honestly better than what I thought you would be. so i will give you that. you just need practice. we were all newbies at one point. :big_smile:

18. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    ha, haaaa. The two of them are ripping you a new one, why is that, What did you do to them ? You'r not going to say you'r INANEST are you?:embarassed::embarassed::confused2::cool2:

19. Steph

Steph New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    James is a jerk, and Steve idk lol... nope didn't do nothing to them i aint insane :smile2::smile2: haha i was havin fun out there, I know i aint the best person out there.. but i didnt do it his way when i did do it.. and i aint used to the stuff they were doing.. so sorry i guess? lol i guess that makes me not able to use "fisherman terms...." lmao and now it's like "lets hate on steph" lol.. see if i go out with them anymore :angry::angry: lol :smile2:

20. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    at least she can type.. :eek:oooh::smile2: