Ohio River 10/25/07 plus river prediction site

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by river1214rat, Oct 25, 2007.

1. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Looks like she is gowing down; current SWIFT, lots of debris on KY side, looks cleaner on IN side. I think this is because of the Salt River cleaning out. Looks like there was ExLax poured into the Salt.. lol. I plan to clean :crazy: my house until 1500 then go down and try the bank.
    You all probably have this web site, but if not, I use this for the river levels and the predicted levels...really informative. From the National Weather Service
    http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ahps2/index.php?wfo=lmk
    Go below the map and you can select the river or lake you want info on. Includes KY and IN

Linda

2. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Linda,
    Thanks alot for the river report and posting the noaa website for us all to view. rspd507

3. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    was out on the ohio river last night WOW its runnnig like wild out there did not have that much trash in it but it took about 16oz 2 get to the bottem of the river in spots if any one is going out there be care full

4. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    but did u get any fish is the question?

5. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Cool map sight.Lots of info.Going to river this weekend going to take my 6 year old nephew with me.I am pretty sure we will catch a few this time.Does anyone know if the shad are still around?Be nice to have some killer cat bait.Thanks for all the usefull infor you guys give me.

6. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    dont know on the river but i get plenty out of my lake.

7. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Was down on the river today fishing from the bank, saw quite a few shad close to the shore trying to stay away from the current; wanted to go over to the boat dock on the Salt, ran out of daylight. Question: I have been very succesful using circle hooks or Kahle hooks on the boat, do these work from the bank??? Had 4-5 good hits but unsuccessful in having them hook on.

8. withone72

withone72 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I also fish the ohio at west point. the river was swift. we looked at the salt first it was moving real fast. linda i was out there from 4:30- 7:00. i got one pull. Had skip and frozen shad from the salt no takers. linda where did u fish at on the ohio.