Ohio River 10-22

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by beetle, Oct 30, 2009.

1. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Made it to Tanners around 11:30am and headed south on the river. Had a hard time finding some shad but managed to get a few in one of the marinas there. Water temps ranged from 53 to 58 and current was pretty slow in most places, muddy but not to much debris. Tried drifting different locations all day with no luck till about 5pm. Had some light hits with no takers and finally about 5:30pm I was able to land one small Blue 8lbs. Nothing after that so I left around 6pm. It was a beautiful day and I had a good time anyway, the one landed was my first while drifting. I was determined to catch one drifting so I forced my self to fish all day without getting the anchor out...LOL that was hard to do after nothing for hours, but I kept at it and finally got one.

Attached Files:

2. adamj

adamj New Member

State:
    buckeye land
    Good to get out and get something with a different technique.

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the fish and getting on the water bro. I have two sick kids here at home, and am fealing alittle ill also. Don't think Im gonna make it out this weekend like I planned:sad2: rollo

4. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I just realized I have the date wrong, Duh!:confused2: That was from last Thursday 10-29-09.

5. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    down near the island i take it. i was out then too. and we both got dates wrong! i didnt have a problem finding shad in tanners. right there at the ramp. and up by the power plant i found some real big shad and a few skips. had you ran up there you might have ran into me. and depending on what time u came in i was either in the creek getting more shad or i was by that lower discharge above the creek anchored.

6. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yea Steve I was fishing north of the island on both sides most of the afternoon. I did not try to get bait in tanners but did throw a few times by the discharge with no luck. There was a barge moving things so I did not stay there to long and headed south on the river. If you seen a pontoon out there with a BOC Flag flying that was me.