Ohio River 10/21

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by CBH, Oct 22, 2007.

1. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    Went out for a few hours yesterday. We put the boat in around 5 PM. Water surface temp was 72 and had a decent flow to it. We used cut bait and live bait. Not a single hit until right at dark...then we boated three small flatheads in a 15 minute span. All were in the 8 to 10 pound range and all hit cut bait. Stayed another 2 hours without another hit!

2. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    3 is better than going out and catching nothing. congrats on the catch's and story.

3. rustyhook36

rustyhook36 New Member

State:
    ohio
    The flathead have been hitting really good in the ohio. The bait of choice has been cut bait. Good job on your catch.

4. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I havent caught hardy any flatheads this year but the blues are really on right now in cincinnati, we caught 3 blues over 30 pounds saturday afternoon...We only caught 6 fish, but 3 of them were good ones.

5. rustyhook36

rustyhook36 New Member

State:
    ohio
    RiverKing what did you catch the blues on, and how deep were you fishing?

6. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Cut shad and live shad, and we were fishing deep....40 to 50 foot.

7. rustyhook36

rustyhook36 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Thank you RiverKing. I have been catching a lot of flathead up river near Racine. I will fish for flats for a couple of more weeks then I will start to target blues down river near your location. We get a blue up this way once in a while, but usually not that big. West Virginia has started a bluecat restoration project, and has been stocking young blues into the upper pools of the Ohio. We have been catching a few of these. They are growing great, and with the great bait hatch that we had this year in the river they should put on the pounds quick. :big_smile: