Ohio River 09/05-09/06

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by CatHunter24, Sep 6, 2009.

1. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    Hit tanners creek yesterday about 5 pm the water temp was around 80.3 degrees and would fall to around 79.8 by the morning....unloaded the boat myself and caught bait...had boc members JBrooks and Steph meet me at the ramp around 7:00. We took off and headed to a spot and started drifted when two A Holes motored right up and anchored....one right next to me, and the other right in the course of my drift path. So we pulled up the lines....and away we went.....waking the heck out of them on my way out :smile2:. The night started out terrible....but in the end we had a pretty decent outing. Got to meet boc member Fishmonster13....although not under the best of circumstances and then finally got on 3 fish early in the morning around 3-4. two 13 lb blues and a 17.5.

Attached Files:

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Curtis sounds like over all you guys had a good time out. Been skunked here so many times I've taken the liberty to put the rods up.

3. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    thanks cathunter24 for coming and helping me out and glad to see you didn't go home skunked :cool2:

4. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Yeah, lots of duller people were out last night - on land and water.
    Sitting at work now :)smile2:) but we had a good time, getting onto fish was a bonus. With the way conditions were, I honestly didn't think we would get any after doing some good drift runs.

Glad I got to meet another BoC member too!

5. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    No problem bud, glad I could help. Yeah we finally got into some fish....thought for sure it was gonna be a skunkin last night. The bite is really weird and the fish are doing some odd things on top of being really spread out right now. :confused2:

6. Steph

Steph New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    I had a lot of fun out there :big_smile:
    Was my first time drifting, and it was a lot more fun than bank fishing (although I wasn't fishing, just watching)

Also was my first time seeing a blue!
    :cool2:

7. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    I was down there last night too only for 3 hours caught 4 blues and 4 channels

8. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio

Apparently you know a lot more than we do :smile2::wink:

9. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    congrats guys on the fish

10. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Looks like yall had fun Curtis. Blues down here have been really weird lately also. Few more weeks up there and a month or so down here and everything with the big blue bite should be straightened out.

11. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Bottom line is your starting to put fish in the boat consistantly and that in itself is great, Good job guys..:wink:

12. fishmonster13

fishmonster13 Member

State:
    cincinnati,ohio
    hell i'm gettin there myself ,haven't been skunked in while ,even with the boat trouble saturday i still managed to get my step duaghter an 8lb channel and a gar to boot ,he just had his teeth locked down on the live shad i was using no hook in him and when i held him up by the line to show him to my step daughter he opened his mouth and off he went. hopefully i can keep it up as well :big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

13. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio

yeah, you had some good fish the other night, that 35 pound flattie and all. I haven't caught a flathead in a while....of course I have only anchored once in about a month :smile2:

14. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    I would't say that. Just been doing something that works for me in a small boat.

15. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the catches. We have to stop posting pictures or people will start to get the idea that this part of the country is a good catfishing area. :wink: