Ohio Report 5/7/08

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by river1214rat, May 6, 2008.

1. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    We tried our gently used trailer today and it is 200% better than the old one which was a vintage 1700's at least!!! Went up the Ohio across from the LG&E Power plant, which used to be one of my Honey Holes...NOTHING. Went across to the Power Plant, plenty showing up on the fish finder, but no bites. Finally, I hooked into something, really didn't feel like a fish and landed a bleach jug full of water and a crawfish inside of it. Casted out into the Channel, no activity then something hit my line. The fight was on. I fought it for 40 minutes, felt like it was a monster, then I lost it. :sad2:
    My question is: this has happened before, feels like a fish, I think it is running, taking line, feel like I am making progress, than nothing. I always ask myself, is it a Fish or is it a Log. With the current as fast as it is, it is difficult to know what I have. Any suggestions???? :confused2:

Thanks...
    Linda

2. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Could be a big ole Gar.I have had them all the way to the boat and they would just let go of the hook and swim slowly off.I did come up to the ohio river today but it was so windy it made it rough.Caught nadda :crazy:

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    At least you got to go out. Better luck next time!:wink::big_smile: