Ohio guys rate your success so far

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Sep 6, 2009.

Rate you catching success for the year

1. Good

2. Fair

3. Bad

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    How has you catching been this year, especially for flatheads..Dont try to judge your year by one good fish, but by over all sccess rates.

I caught a 50-lb flathead this year back in may, but since then nothing, so my year so far has been bad.

2. Wanderlei

Wanderlei New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Not too good for me either

3. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    JACK, i POSTED "GOOD" SINCE I SEEMED TO HAVE BROKE THROUGH FIGURING OUT THE OHIO RIVER CATS, AS FAR AS FLATTIES GO i GOT A 22 AND A 15 AND DOZENS OF FLATTIES UNDER 10 LBS, NOT GREAT BUT A MARKED IMPROVEMENT OVER THE LAST 2 YEARS SO THAS WHY I WENT WITH GOOD.
    AND FOR SOME REASON MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK????? SORRY ABOUT THAT, TIME TO CHANGE THE WIRELESS KEYBOARD BATTERY MAYBE.

SALMONID

4. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I voted bad since you didn't have horrible for an option. I have caught 2 fish over 20. I am starting to hate fishing! :sad2:

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Flathead success has been fair with 4 catch's.

6. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    fishing has been bad for me also1flathead this year a 17# gonna hit the hocking tonite at the mill and if i dont do any good im hangin up the rods and gettin out the guns and goin for some tree rats this has been my worst year ever fishing for cats

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I voted good Jack. I am basing the season as a whole on people I have taken out on my boat. Not just what I have caught. Biggest flathead is a 46 1/2 pounder from the Ohio. Including a couple in the mid- 30's. And a few in the 20 to 30 pound range. Anymore, a couple fish in the 30 pound range is a good year for me being I don't get out that much as I would like. Hopefully, the next two months will give a few more gooduns up!:wink: rollo

8. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Its been a great year so far. Averaging 4 fish per trip, with a 27 lb average per fish. Last time out was 6 fish total of 210 lbs. Only been shutout 1 trip.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  9. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    it sounds like we all need to call x smoking joes catfish guide service :big_smile::cool2:

10. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I voted good because this is my first year really getting into the sport heavily.
    I did break 2 PB's this year, and came close to breaking them both a few times.

Going back and looking at last year's photo albums, the average size of my fish has dramatically increased to. I've learned a ton this year.

Good year for me!

11. WhoJosh

WhoJosh New Member

State:
    Hamilton,Ohio
    My year has not been very good at all for flats. I didn't get any over 10lbs and only one over 5lbs. I doubt it's gonna get any better for me because I'm starting to get excited for bow season!

12. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio
    I was going to rate this year fair to bad until I read rollo's post. I would have to say because of the all the BOC members i have met, and fished with and all that i have learned it has been a good year. Strictly speaking about the bite.....especially as of late....it has been fair at best. Many trips of only 2-3 fish and smaller ones usually at that.....haven't seen the kind of active feeding I saw once or twice when we really got into them. I have talked to a couple guys who are more veteran than i am, because I thought maybe I just was doing things wrong and making rookie mistakes. Although they caught more fish than i did, they still said it has been slow as of late.....:eek:oooh:

13. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    This year has sucked For me But I did catch A 46#er an some others But i m looking for fish That will be eating 12 in bass>An over all the people around me arnt doing good either

14. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I can only rate about the first half of june, but it was pretty good then. I saw two 45# fish caught, and caught plenty of smaller flatheads. There were some real good nights, and a few real slow nights. From reading recent post it looks to be turning on pretty good right about now.

15. Steph

Steph New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    I said fair:roll_eyes:

16. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i success has been "eh" I go through a week of good fishing then 2 of bad. It hasnt been the best year but it definately hasnt been the worst

17. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I said fair due to having some hot streaks then some cold. My biggest has only been 20#s this year but have hooked into some real good fish but didnt get them to the boat. Overall I have learned a great deal this year and all the 10 to 20 pound fish ive caught have still been alot of fun.

18. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    I elected good, I have caught flatheads in every pool i have fished this year on the ohio and Scioto.. even tho my objective this year was to target blues..which by the way was a success and caught my personal best...
    In my opinon the flathead fishing looks good for the coming years...
    I can tell, ya I'll be catchin more :wink:

19. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i chose "Fair", even though i have been tied down with the new Baby, working lots of O.T., lack of bigger fish, and not getting out very much i have been catching fish fairly consistently (on the GMR that is) on every trip. most of my fish this year have been VERY small though. was wearin out the dink flatties from May through the spawn, thank god i got a bigger freezer last year! :big_smile:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  20. adamj

adamj New Member

State:
    buckeye land
    Fair I guess because I haven't caught any large fish. Good for numbers with tons of teens and capped off by a 35. What sucks is I haven't gone since july 4! Good luck to everyone.